SNAP EBT Card is issued to people who qualify for SNAP- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program. EBT is short for Electronic Benefits Transfer. So, the EBT card is a card provided for people by the Government program for food and cash assistance programs. However, people with a valid SNAP EBT card can use their SNAP benefits to shop for groceries, at EBT locations.
SNAP EBT Card
After applying for SNAP benefits and you get approved, you will receive your first Mountain State EBT card in the mail 7-10 days after it is ordered. So, once you receive your card, to utilise it, you will need to activate it.
If you don’t have the card yet and you’re interested in getting it, read the sections below for further directives.
How to Apply for SNAP EBT Card
To get the EBT card you need to apply for the program
If you’re approved, Then you be given the card. To apply for the program, visit nearby SNAP-authorized retailers by using the SNAP Retailer Locator tool
How to Find Nearby SNAP Authorized Retailers
To Locate the nearest Snap retailer do the following;
- Navigate to https://usda-fns.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=e1f3028b217344d78b324193b10375e4
- You can search for an address or locate it on the map
- Enter your address and click on the search tab
- You will find the nearest Snap retailer.
- Visit the store, get the application form
- Fill out the form and submit it.
These are the steps to get the EBT card.
How to Activate EBT Card Online – How to get Snap EBT Card
Now that you have your EBT card, to activate it, follow the instructions below;
- Navigate to ebtEDGE.com.
- Click on “Cardholder Login”.
- Type in your 16-digit card number.
- Click the Login button.
- Press on the “PIN Select” which is found in the green stripe.
- Enter Your Date of Birth.
- Enter your Social Security Number.
- Choose 4 numbers as your PIN.
- Re-enter the 4 numbers you selected for your PIN, to confirm the PIN.
- Press on the “Update” link.
These are procedures to activate your new EBT Card Online.
SNAP EBT Card Login
To manage your card account, you will be to log in to your account. You can do the following when you access your account;
View your card balance
Review your transactions
Read helpful hints
How to Login to your EBT Card
To visit your account, do the following;
- Go to ebtEDGE.com.
- Tap on “Cardholder Login”.
- Input your 16-digit card number.
- Tap the Login button.
These are steps to access your account
How to Check your EBT Card Balance Online
To access your account and check your card balance, follow the login steps;
- Progress to ebtedge.com
- Hit on the Cardholder Login link
- Provide your 16 digit EBT card number which is located on the front of your card
- Hit the Login button
- If you successfully access your account, go to the check balance tab and click on it.
Follow the onscreen directives
How to use SNAP EBT Card on Amazon
Follow these steps to add your card to Amazon
To register your card on amazon, do the following;
- visit the Amazon SNAP EBT website at amazon.com/snap
- Tap on the “Add your SNAP EBT card” link.
- Log in to your Amazon account. If you do not have an Amazon account, tap on the “Create your Amazon account”. Fill in the registration details and follow the prompt. Then sign in to your Amazon Account, once you have created your account.
- Fill in your complete SNAP EBT card number and “Continue”.
- Next, it may require you to enter your delivery zip code.
Follow the directives to finish adding your card to your Amazon account.
EBT Card Customer Service
If you have any issues regarding your card you can reach out to the customer service representative in your State.
EBT has customer service phone numbers for every state. However, the best way to get the correct phone number for your State, check the number on your EBT card.