The Sokoto State Scholarship and Bursary Board for Undergraduate students is calling on all Sons and Daughters of Sokoto state who are currently undergraduate students in any of the Nigeria higher institutions. The Sokoto State Government has provided financial aid to students to pursue their education and fulfill their dreams without any hurdles in life.
Students with difficulties paying for their undergraduate school tuition fees should not worry because the Sokoto State Governments have set up a scholarship platform to help undergraduate students with their education.
Table of Contents
- Sokoto State Scholarship and Bursary Board.
- Requirements for the Sokoto State Scholarship Program.
- Eligible Courses for the Scholarship Program.
- Eligible Communities for Scholarship Program.
- Required documents for the Sokoto State Scholarship Program.
- Sokoto State Scholarship Application Closing Date.
- Application Procedures for the Sokoto Scholarship program.
Sokoto State Scholarship and Bursary Board
The Sokoto State Scholarship is a yearly scholarship program for all indigenes of Sokoto state to help them meet their needs throughout their undergraduate program.
This scholarship is set up by the office of the State Government to help undergraduate students with a better education. It is designed to sponsor students that have no chance to complete their education due to no funds and a poor education system. The full education funding grant is offered to undergraduate students of from Sokoto, to study in the University. The students will be awarded with financial aid to help them further their education, and it is awarded based on various criteria.
Requirements for the Sokoto State Scholarship Program
The following are requirements for the Sokoto state scholarship program listed below:
- Undergraduate applicants must be full time 100 level students.
- Candidate must have 5 credits pass in their WASSCE result.
- Applicants must be an indigene of Sokoto.
- All applicants must be running an undergraduate program in any of the recognized universities, Polytechnic, and College of Education.
Eligible Courses for the Scholarship Program
- Natural Sciences.
- Environmental Science.
- Human Medicine.
- Social Science.
- International Relations.
- Petroleum Engineering.
- Computer Science.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Business Administration.
- Civil Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Electronic Engineering.
- Mass Communication.
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Information Technology.
- Quantity Survey.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Computer Engineering.
- System Engineering.
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering.
Eligible Communities for Scholarship Program
- Binji Local Government.
- Bodinga Local Government.
- Dange Shuni Local Government.
- Gada Local Government.
- Goronyo Local Government.
- Gudu Local Government.
- IIIela Local Government.
- Isa Local Government.
- Kebbe Local Government.
- Kware Local Government.
- Rabah Local Government.
- Sabon Birni Local Government.
- Shagari Local Government.
- Silame Local Government.
- Sokoto North Local Government.
- Sokoto South Local Government.
- Tambuwal Local Government.
- Tangaza Local Government.
- Tureta Local Government.
- Wamako Local Government.
- Yabo Local Government.
Required documents for the Sokoto State Scholarship Program
All applicants who want to apply for the scholarship program should make sure they have the following documents before they apply for the program:
- SSCE ‘O’ Level Certificate.
- School student ID card.
- An email address.
- Admission Letter.
- A phone number.
- Certificate of Local Government of Origin.
- Certificate of State of Origin.
- Birth Certificates.
Sokoto State Scholarship Application Closing Date
The closing date of the Sokoto State Scholarship program is yet to be confirmed.
Application Procedures for the Sokoto Scholarship program
- Applicants should log in to the scholarship portal https://www.sokotostate.gov.ng to create an account with the scholarship board.
- Candidates must purchase a Scratch Card for the application form.
- Scan and attach all original documents.
- Print copy of the completed application form.
- Make sure you attach copies of your credentials and submit them to the board.
With this article, you will be able to apply for the Sokoto State Scholarship Program.