The SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduates Scholarship Scheme 2020 has now started an application for those interested candidates from the host community in the Niger Delta region for a postgraduate scholarship to study abroad.
Table of Contents
- SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduates Scholarship Scheme 2020.
- The SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship.
- SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Courses.
- SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Eligibility Criteria.
- The SPDC Postgraduates Scholarship Application Process.
- SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Benefits.
- The SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Disclaimer.
SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduates Scholarship Scheme 2020
The eight annual SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduates Scholarship scheme for applicants from host communities in the Niger Delta States to further their education is a thing of joy to the host communities. The applicant from the past eight years who won the opportunity to study outside the country gave a good remark about the scholarship program.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company is the pioneer leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It has the largest acreage in the country from which it produces 39% of the nation’s oil. It has its operations concentrated in the Niger Delta region. This platform also operates in an oil mining lease area of around 31,000 square kilometers.
The mission of SPDC is to be one of the best operators in the Nigeria Oil and Gas sector through its commitment to strong economic performance and every aspect of sustainable development.
SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship
The SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduates Scholarship Scheme 2020 is a one year program designed for all postgraduate students from the Niger Delta States for those who wish to study outside the country for a better future.
79 students have won the opportunities to study at the best University in the UK for a full scholarship. Only ten students will be selected for the scholarship program.
SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Courses
The list of courses below will qualify for an award of scholarships at the 3 institutions:
Imperial College London: MSc Petroleum Engineering
MSc Petroleum Geoscience
University of Aberdeen: MSc Geophysics
MSc Safety and Reliability Engineering for Oil and Gas
The MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience
University of Leeds: MSc Exploration Geophysics
MSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering
SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for the postgraduate’s scheme must have the following criteria to qualify for the scholarship listed below:
- Candidate must display sound intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- All candidates must meet the individual university’s English Language Requirements.
- Candidate must be aged between 21-28 years of age
- Applicants must be from the SPDC host States
- Candidates must currently reside in Nigeria.
- All candidates must have obtained a University degree.
- Candidates must have an International Passport.
- Candidates must not be a child of any workers or staff of Shell Companies.
SPDC Postgraduates Scholarship Application Process
Candidates who wish to apply for the SPDC postgraduate’s scholarship scheme should follow the steps below to enable complete their form online:
- Candidates must log in on to the SPDC scholarship portal spdcscholarship.com to fill the application form
- Application forms for the scholarship are only available through the websites of the Imperial College London, University of Leeds and the University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The Universities will process the application and select the candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection.
- Completed application forms must reach participating universities not later than June 30, 2019.
SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Benefits
- The SPDC scholarship will cover the tuition fee for all selected candidates.
- One economy returns flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK.
- Contribution towards living expenses only.
SPDC Postgraduate Scholarship Disclaimer
Candidates should note that there are individuals parading themselves as representatives of Shell for the purpose of our scholarship programs. These individuals pose themselves as middlemen and claim to have access to Shell Scholarships and they tell applicants they have the power to secure scholarships for them.
Shell has not authorized or appointed any person to act as middlemen or agents for any of our scholarship programs.
Please be guided not to pay any fee to anybody who poses as a middle man of Shell, such person should be reported and arrested for fraud.
I hope this article will help you with your application process.