Applications for the Spencer Foundation Small Research Grants Program 2020/2021 for Education Research Projects are now open! This research grants program works to support education and research projects, which will be of great contribution to education. This program comes with a grant budget of up to $50,000 for projects that will range from 1 – 5 years.
This program is “field-initiated” in the sense that submission of proposals is not in response to a request for a specific research topic, method, discipline, location, or design. The main goal and objective of the Spencer Foundation Small Research Grants Program 2020/2021 for Education Research Projects are to provide support. What kind of support? To support ambitious research that serves as a relevant material to bothering questions and opportunities in education. They work to make sure they support the development of knowledge that would have a long-lasting impact on the educational world.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> National Academy of Education/Spencer Fellowship Program (up to $70, 000)
For you to apply for the Spencer Foundation Small Research Grants Program 2020/2021 for Education Research Projects, you must be eligible. There are certain requirements you need to meet up with, in order to become eligible to apply for this grant. Let’s check out the eligibility criteria.
- The proposals are accepted from the US and internationally. However, candidates must submit these proposals in English and budgets in US Dollars.
- Proposals to the Research Grants on Education program must be for an academic research project, which aims to study education. Proposals for other activities outside researches are not eligible.
- The Principal Investigators has to be an affiliate of a non-profit organization, which will serve as the administering organization if the grant is awarded. The Spencer Foundation will not award these grants directly to an individual. For instance, non-profit colleges, universities, research facilities, and school districts. Other non-profit organizations with a 501(c)(3) determination from the IRS.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) and Co-Principal Investigators applying for this Small Research Grant Program on Education must have earned a doctorate in a professional field or academic discipline, or the right experience in an education research-related profession.
- The budgets for this program are up to $50,000 in total and it may not cover the indirect cost charges per Spencer’s Policy.
The Spencer Foundation Small Research Grants Program 2020/2021 for Education Research Projects users a process of peer review for all submissions that are eligible. Each of these proposals is placed under review by both internal staff and external panel. The review lasts for about 5 -6 months from the application deadline date.
The program review panel consists of scholars in the field of educational research having expertise across several different disciplines and areas. These panelists get to rate and give a review on your proposals following these aspects;
- Significance of the project
- Design of research
- Budget and timeline
- The connection to the research and theory
- Project Team
How to Apply
There are no requirements pertaining to this program. The application procedures begin with your full proposal. The proposals for this Grant of up to $50,000.
The submissions for the proposal will be due by 12:00 pm Noon central time on the deadline date.
To apply for this grant, visit https://spencer.smartsimple.us/s_Login.jsp and hit on the “Register Here” option to proceed further.