A storekeeper job in the USA with visa sponsorship is an ongoing program that allows non-residents of the United States who are foreigners to get easy access to the US. The program allows them to legally work and live in the US.
Well, if you have been looking for several means to travel out of the country and at the same time get employed, this is the perfect chance to take.
Storekeeper Job in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
The United States government has made it possible for companies in the country to sponsor a desired person, no matter what country he or she comes from. Hence, there are other opportunities, such as jobs for truck drivers, housekeepers, caregivers, and lots more.
Who is a Storekeeper in the USA?
A storekeeper is a person who is responsible for managing goods in the warehouse at all stages, from the time of moving goods into the warehouse, preserving and storing them until the time of moving goods out of the warehouse, and ensuring requirements of quality and quantity of goods are met.
What are Storekeeper Jobs?
A storekeeper’s job is a job that a person undertakes in order to carry out duties such as procuring, storing, and issuing supplies in a supply operation, processing and maintaining inventory records, modifying and also implementing inventory control and disposal procedures and performing related work.
Salary of a Storekeeper in the USA
The average storekeeper’s salary in the United States is $41,166 as of January 16, 2019, but the range typically falls between $37,860 and $45,236. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on many important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, and the number of years you have spent in your profession.
Types of Storekeeper Jobs and Their Salaries
Here is a list of storekeeper jobs you can simply apply for:
- Retail Storekeeper
A retail storekeeper’s job may involve stocking merchandise and reporting damaged goods to the supervisory manager. They are faced with duties like taking inventory. Workers in retail storekeepers’ jobs may deal with goods ranging from furniture to clothing to household supplies. The retail storekeepers are paid an average salary of about $23,630–$27,332. This amount does not apply to all companies that have different policies.
- Warehouse Storekeepers
This type of storekeeper is faced with the responsibility of maintaining stocked inventory and completing other tasks within a warehouse setting. The warehouse storekeeper may receive and deliver items as well as stock and take inventory. They are paid an average of $32,299 to $36,222. Note that this amount does not apply to all companies.
- Assistant Storekeeper
This type of storekeeper is faced with various responsibilities of their own while working under the close guidance of an immediate supervisor. The assistant storekeeper jobs generally involve an instruction period that may consist of no job training and more. They are open to an average salary of about $24,213–$32,512. However, this amount could change due to differences in company policy and standards.
Requirements and Skills for Storekeeper Jobs
Below are listed the requirements and qualifications you need to have as a storekeeper:
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management
- skills to operate standard office equipment.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage time
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- minimum of a high school diploma or an equivalent.
- At least two years of experience in storekeeping, inventory control, or recordkeeping.
- physical ability to lift and carry material weighing up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 IBs.
- analytical mind with the ability to make accurate mathematical computations.
The above are qualifications for storekeeper jobs in the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities of Storekeepers
Here are the expected duties and responsibilities you will carry out as a storekeeper in the United States:
- Ensure adequate record-keeping and labeling supplies.
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies and report those to account for reimbursement and record-keeping.
- Maintained receipts, records, and withdrawals in the storeroom.
- Receive, unload, and shelve supplies.
- Coordinate the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and necessary minor repairs.
- Rotate stock and coordinate the disposal of surpluses.
- Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing, pricing, and labeling supplies.
Benefits of Storekeeper Jobs
Provides the proper place
Under modern storekeeping, each item of material is kept in its proper place so that, at the time of need, it may be obtained easily. If any material is not kept in the proper place and is not available when required, then the advantages of storekeeping are not fully derived.
How to Apply for Storekeeper Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
Well, if you think there is no possible chance of getting a storekeeper job without going to the United States, it is very possible to get a job in another country while in your country. Thus, technological advancement has made that possible. You can simply use the advanced website to make a search and start your application. You can simply use sites like “Indeed”, LinkedIn, and more.
Here is a simple means of applying for a job in the United States with visa sponsorship:
- Visit an advanced website that is used mostly by the US company. You can use websites like “Indeed or LinkedIn”.
- Simply use the search bar to search for the job by typing the job title and the location you want to work at.
- When you find a lick, click on it.
- Go through the job description.
- Tap on the “Apply” button if you meet the requirement.
Upload your CV and application letter on the employee portal and wait for confirmation.
While you wait for reasons, you should disregard any request asking you to pay for sponsorship.
Storekeeper Job in the USA with Visa Sponsorship Interview Questions
Below is a list of some skill-based storekeeper interview questions.
- Have you worked in a store before?
- What is your experience with inventory management?
- What do you enjoy about storekeeping?
- What qualities make an excellent storekeeper?
- How do you think the role of a storekeeper is changing with the growth of online shopping?
- How do you catch up if you fall behind in your workday?
- What would you do if you noticed an employee stealing from the store?
- Do you feel comfortable doing light accounting work if needed?
- What is your method for monitoring inventory levels?
- What do you think is the best way to attract customers to a store?
- How do you communicate with suppliers to confirm orders, quantities, and prices?
- How would you handle an angry customer?
- How comfortable do you feel working with multiple people in a store?
- Is there anything you don’t like about storekeeping?
- What does a storekeeper do?
- How do you handle complaints and retain clients with concerns?
- How do you define your daily routine?
- How do you track declining sales in this position?
- We want to improve our customer service. What ideas do you have?
- If you had to hire new employees, what questions would you ask them?
- Do you know how to make customers feel welcome in a store?
- What strategies do you use to motivate coworkers and encourage them to meet company standards?
- How do you handle conflicts between coworkers?
- Are you experienced in using MS Office software and inventory management systems?
- How would you deal with a situation where inventory levels are low and new merchandise is not expected for some time?
- How often do you recommend checking inventory?
- Describe a time when you had to use your product knowledge to assist a customer.
How can a foreigner get a job in the USA?
If you live outside the United States and want to work here, you generally must apply for a visa from the U.S. Department of State (DOS), unless a visa is not required for people from your country of nationality. You may visit DOS’ Travel Without a Visa page for more information.
How do I ask my employer for visa sponsorship?
If you have regular one-on-one meetings, ask something like, “Hey boss. I’ve really enjoyed working for this company. I’d rather work in the US than remotely. Do you think the company would sponsor my work visa so that I could work on-site?”
How does a US company sponsor a foreign worker?
After the labor certification has been approved by the DOL, the employer continues the process by filing Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, on behalf of the foreign national with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
How do I get a job in the USA from Nigeria?
Nigerians who wish to work in the USA must legally obtain a valid work visa. However, the kind of visa you can apply for depends on the duration of your stay in the USA. If you wish to work temporarily, you can get a temporary visa, a US Non-Immigrant Visa.
How can I get a job in the USA without sponsorship?
When an immigrant wishes to gain an employment-based visa without a sponsor, they need to self-petition and file specific forms with the USCIS. Under this path, immigrants will not require a job offer from an employer. However, this type of employment path does not apply to all employment-based visas.