Stream VLC To Roku? VLC is a Media Player, a go-to video player for most people. It features an easy interface with a lot of customization options. Now that you know what a VLC is, what is Roku? Roku is a media streaming device, that allows you to watch free and paid video content on your TV via the Internet.
However, you can install apps, games, and channels that are only available on Roku Channel Store. Currently, VLC is not available on the Roku Channel Store. To get the VLC on this media streaming device is what you will be learning in this post.
Stream VLC To Roku
Can the VLC player stream to Roku? Unfortunately, there is no direct way to install VLC to Roku. But you can mirror VLC Media Player to Roku using an Android phone, Apple phone, or computer.
The procedure to download and install apps and TV channels on Roku is very straightforward, easy and fast. To get the app, you will have to visit the Roku Channel Store. However, there are apps you can’t install on Roku, such as the VLC player. But there are other ways to access VLC from Roku.
Read the section under to learn how to cast VLC on Roku.
How to Stream VLC on Roku from a PC
To kick off this process, connect your PC and Roku to the same WiFi network. Then, do the following;
- Launch the VLC app on your PC or play any video using the VLC media player.
- Tap on the Playback option (2nd option) on the Menu Bar.
- Hit the Renderer button
- Tap on the Roku device to cast.
- After casting, the video can be viewed on your Roku device.
- If you get the Insecure Site dialogue box, tap the View certificate button.
- On the next dialogue box, hit the Accept permanently button.
With these steps, you can now stream VLC to your Roku using a PC.
How To Stream VLC To Roku Using Android Phone
If you are a mobile user, follow the steps under;
- Download and install the VLC app on your smartphone.
- Ensure you connect your smartphone and Roku to the same WiFi network.
- Launch the Settings and click the Cast icon.
- Tap on your Roku device and then enable permission to mirror your Android device.
- After mirroring your Android, open the VLC app and play the video content to watch it on your Roku connected TV.
These are steps to cast VLC contents on Roku.
How to Cast VLC Player on Mac to Roku
To use VLC on Roku using a Mac device, follow the steps below.
- Download the Mirror For Roku app and install it on your Mac.
- Now open the app on your Mac. It will then display your Roku device. (Ensure you connect your Roku device and Mac device to the same Wifi network.)
- Click on your Roku device and hit the Airbeam TV.
- Next, your Mac screen will reflect Roku.
With this, you can watch media using VLC Player on Mac and then watch it on TV.
How to Cast VLC player to Roku Using iPhone
Kindly follow the few steps below to mirror your iPhone screen to Roku. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Connect your Roku device and iPhone to the same Wifi network.
- Navigate to the iPhone control centre.
- Then tap on Screen Mirroring. it will show your Roku device and select it.
- It will display a code on the Roku screen once you have selected it. Fill in the code in the box provided on the iPhone.
- If successful, the iPhone screen will start reflecting.
With the above steps, when you play media on your iPhone via VLC Player you can see it through the Roku screen. To stop mirroring, all you have to do is press the Roku Remote Home button to Stop Mirroring.