Applications for the Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) Women in STEM Traineeship 2024 are open now. The Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) Women in STEM Traineeship 2024 is a great opportunity for women who are interested in pursuing a career in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields.
Application Deadline: January 11, 2024
The program is designed to provide women with valuable training and experience in the sustainable energy sector, which is a rapidly growing industry with a high demand for skilled workers.
The traineeship is open for applications until January 11, 2024, and it is a fantastic chance for women to gain practical skills and knowledge that will help them succeed in their careers.
Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) Women in STEM Traineeship 2024
Twelve recent female graduates are being sought after by SEforALL and EM-One Energy Solutions for a training program in Sierra Leone. With an emphasis on solar energy, the traineeship will offer practical technical training as part of the health electrification initiative financed by FCDO.
The following will be among the main duties: However, they are not the only ones:
- Conservation and energy efficiency.
- PV systems—off-grid, standalone, and hybrid.
- System integration.
- Size of batteries.
- Sizing of the charge controller and inverter.
- Measuring voltage and current as well as performance parameters.
- Solar panel installations.
- Designing the proportions of a PV system via simulation software.
- Use measured radiation data to evaluate the economic viability of a facility.
- Solar system installation, integration, and commissioning.
- System maintenance and remote monitoring.
- In addition, trainees will be expected to take part in workshops, planned site visits, additional training programs organized by SEforALL, and daily activities overseen by their focal point.
Eligibility Criteria for Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) Women in STEM Traineeship 2024
- One must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- We will only examine applications from women.
- Recent graduates in STEM fields (sciences, renewable energy, engineering, or allied fields) with bachelor’s or master’s degrees earned within the last two years. Please take note that applications that do not reflect a full degree program completion will not be accepted.
- One to three years of professional experience in an engineering, energy, or related industry.
- Should provide proof of having completed technical education courses or other courses linked to the above-mentioned program themes.
- Desired attributes.
- Ought to be on time and quite professional.
- Must be able and willing to pick up and use new abilities.
- Possess outstanding teamwork and communication abilities.
- Must be accessible for the whole time the training is being conducted.
- You must be a citizen of Sierra Leone or possess a valid residency permit in order to work there.
Ensure that the following details and files are included in your application:
- Thorough resume (linked to your online application).
- It is advised that applicants send a cover letter explaining why they ought to be considered for the position to their online application.
In conclusion, the Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) Women in STEM Traineeship 2024 is an excellent opportunity for women who want to pursue a career in STEM fields and gain practical experience in the sustainable energy industry.
This traineeship is specifically designed for recent female graduates in STEM fields who are between the ages of 18 and 35 and have one to three years of professional experience in an engineering, energy, or related industry.
The traineeship offers valuable technical training in solar energy and other sustainable energy fields, and it also includes workshops, site visits, and additional training programs organized by SEforALL. If you are eligible and interested, make sure to submit your application by January 11, 2024.