Have you heard of the amazon gift card? If you have heard about it, have you made use of it? If you haven’t heard of this gift card before, here is your chance. In this content, I will be writing about the amazon gift card, what it is, what it is used for, and how it can be redeemed. If you haven’t used a gift card before, you will first need to know about it in terms of definition before you can get an understanding of the amazon gift card.
The Amazon Gift Card
What is a gift card? A gift card can also be referred to as a gift certificate, gift token, or even a gift voucher. Just in case you come across any of these names know they all mean the same thing. This card is a prepaid stored-value money card. This card is usually issued by a bank or a retailer and it can be used as an alternative to cash. Just like your debit and credit cards, this card can be used in making payments, and purchases within a particular store or business.
Besides it being used as a payment or alternative to cash, it can also be given out as gifts or rewards by organizations and employers in the sense that it holds monetary value. There are various types of gift cards in the world today and the amazon gift card is one of them. This card can be used to purchase kindle contents from amazon. It can also be used to purchase digital music and video downloads. When you purchase or get gifted one of these cards, you will need to redeem it t your account and immediately the value of the said gift card is added to your balance immediately.
Amazon Gift Card Redeem
Just in case you are being gifted or you purchased an Amazon gift card you will need to redeem it in order to get value for it. Redeeming a gift card is easy, fast, and free. After redeeming a gift card, the entirety of the card will be added to your gift card balance. If you are using 1-click, you will be charged from your gift card balance automatically during the checkout process for eligible items and products. On the other hand, if you don’t feel like using your gift card balance you can unselect it as a payment method when checking out. To redeem an amazon gift card;
- Login to your amazon account.
- Locate the claim code on your gift card. In the cases of plastic cards, you will need to scratch off the coating on the back of the card so as to reveal the claim code and it isn’t the 16 digit card number.
- Click on the ‘apply a gift card to your account’ button.
- Enter the claim code in the space provided for it and click on the apply t your balance button.
When you follow the steps above correctly, you will have no issue with redeeming your amazon gift card.
Amazon Gift Card Balance
After redeeming a card or adding the value of one to your account, the platform and company save your balance for you so you can get to check it out. To view your balance;
- Go to your amazon account
- Select gift cards as an option.
This will show you the balance of any of your amazon gift card balance.
Amazon Gift Card Free
Getting Amazon gift cards is easy. Amazon gift cards are not free. But in the case where you are being gifted one, then and only then it might be free. But however, you can order for one from Amazon itself or from verified third-party retailers. To purchase an Amazon gift card;
- Go to amazon gift cards Here.
- Select the type of gift card you want to purchase.
- After choosing, click on the ‘add to cart’ button.
- Click on proceed to checkout after adding to cart.
- Next, provide payment information for your purchase and click on continue.
- Lastly, click on the place your order button.
That’s it! You have just successfully purchased an amazon gift card. Physical gift cards are delivered with free one-day shipping when you select a one-day shipping at checkout.