‘The Facebook dark mode’? Does Facebook have a dark mode yet? The answer to the question is quite straight forward. Yes, there is a dark mode feature for the Facebook platform now. And for those users who have been waiting on Facebook to come through with the dark mode feature, here is your chance as the feature is finally available across the Facebook platform. It is no more news that Facebook came late to the party. Most notable platforms and apps already had the dark mode feature enabled before Facebook had it on its own platform. It even had it on its other platforms before enabling it on the main Facebook platform. Whatever the reason for this, no one really knows for sure. But one thing we all know is that the feature is here and all users can now access it.
The Facebook Dark Mode
The ‘dark mode’ feature is so popular for various reasons. And for personal reasons and others, the dark mode simply has become the personal favorite for users all over the world. From beautifying our Facebook wall and news feeds to actually protecting our eyes from harmful rays, the dark mode feature is a must-have for everyone. The Facebook dark mode however has been around on Facebook for quite some time now, but it’s quite unfortunate that not everyone knows about it.
Well to get access to this feature, Facebook users accessing their account via the desktop platform will have to upgrade to the new Facebook interface. The dark mode feature cannot be enabled in the classic Facebook interface. And I guess this is simply the reason why some users are still to get their hands on the dark node feature. To therefore activate the dark mode feature, desktop users will first have to switch to the new Facebook interface. You have nothing to worry about if you do not know how to make the switch as everything will be explained in due course. For mobile device users, they would actually have to update their apps to a more recent version to have the dark mode feature.
How To Enable The Facebook Dark Mode Feature
To make use of this Facebook feature, you will actually have to enable it manually on your account. If you don’t know how to enable this feature, you have nothing to worry about as I will be guiding you through the steps and processes. To enable the dark mode feature on Facebook, follow the steps below;
- Go to facebook.com and login to your account.
- Click on the drop-down arrow icon in the top right corner of your Facebook account page.
- Click on the option that says switch to new Facebook.
- On the new Facebook interface, click on the drop-down arrow icon once more in the top right corner of Facebook.
- Next to the dark mode option in the drop-down menu, click the toggle.
- Once it’s been enabled the toggle will turn blue and immediately your Facebook background will go dark.
- Open the Facebook app and tap the hamburger icon in the top right corner.
- Select settings and privacy on the menu page.
- In the expanded menu, tap the dark mode option to enable dark mode.
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap the hamburger menu icon in the bottom right corner.
- Select settings and privacy option.
- Tap the dark mode option in the expanded menu page to enable it.
That’s it. The dark mode feature will be enabled immediately once activated.