If you have a PC and you wish to have your WhatsApp account on it, you can do that through the WhatsApp web. The WhatsApp web is an easy and quick way to use your WhatsApp messenger on your computer or PC. It offers you most of all the features on WhatsApp that you would love. If you need to learn more about the WhatsApp, read on to find out.
How to Use the WhatsApp Web
To use the WhatsApp on your computer via the web, there are some things you need to know. Below is a list of things you would need, to run WhatsApp web:
- You would need an Android or IOS device that has a rear camera.
- Laptop or desktop with the modern web browser, like Google Chrome.
- A strong internet connection.
- Latest version of WhatsApp.
You can download the WhatsApp App on your mobile device for free with a good data connection. Follow the steps below to get it:
- Launch the App store on your mobile device.
- Use the search bar to find the app or scroll through the app list displayed.
- On the result page, tap on the first result displayed.
- Tap on the green Download button.
How it Works
This feature does not have all the features on the WhatsApp mobile app. It can’t work without the mobile app. Your mobile device is needed to connect and use. This is a clone of what is happening your phone. If a message is sent to your phone, You will see it in the WhatsApp web and should in case you have a bad data connection or device is switched off, You won’t see the message on the WhatsApp web either.
If you have your mobile phone and a good data connection ready, then setting up this platform is easy:
- Open your computer or PC browse and go on to www.web.whatsapp.com
- On the mobile device WhatsApp page, tap on the Menu> WhatsApp Web to begin the QR code reader.
- Point the mobile phone rear camera to the QR code on the computer screen.
Once the WhatsApp reads the QR code from the computer, then the mobile will be connected to the computer.
Things You Can and Cannot do With WhatsApp Web
Here is a list of things you can do with this tool;
- You can use your keyboard to type.
- Access all your media files.
- Start a new conversation with any contact you want.
- View the contact information of your contacts.
- Chat in groups and view their information.
- Mute or get alerts.
- Share your media files and contacts.
- View status from any contact.
- Forward, delete or star any message you want.
- And also change your DP.
Here is a list of things you cannot do;
- You can’t send WhatsApp broadcast.
- You won’t be able to receive voice or video calls.
- Can’t share your location.
- Won’t be able to change media download settings.