Looking for amazing Tips to Free Up Space on Your Device? If you noticed you still have less than 128 gigabits of storage, and you’re unable to install a new app because of insufficient space? No need for worries, this write-up will provide tips on how to free up space in your phone.
However, if you don’t want to get another handset and your phone is not compatible with external storage there are ways to clean your device in other to create space for fresh content. So, If I were you, I would ensure I read to the end.
Tips to Free Up Space on My Device
Here are tips on how to clear up space on your device whether Android or iPhone.
- Use the Android free-up tool.
- Check your apps to avoid hiding ring that works with apps that you’ve not used for a long time.
- Save your photos online.
- Use a file manager.
- Avoid saving text forever.
- Do not double-save pictures.
- Do not photostream.
- Free up your browser cache.
- Delete songs you do download.
- Delete podcasts you downloaded.
- Free up your reading list.
These are some tips for free space on your Android or iPhone.
What is Taking up the Most Space on My Phone?
To find out what is taking up the most space on your phone, you can check the storage settings on your device. The exact method for doing this may vary depending on your phone’s operating system and model, but generally, you can go to your phone’s Settings app and look for a section related to storage or memory.
From there, you should be able to see a breakdown of how much space is being used by various categories, such as apps, photos, videos, and so on. This can help you identify which areas are using the most space and take action to free up storage if needed.
How Do I Free Up Space on My Android Without Deleting
To clear spaces on your Android, adopt the Android Free Up tool
- Navigate to Settings on your storage button and click on it.
- Click on the free-up space tab.
- Select an option and proceed to free up space on your phone.
- In the storage section of the app or category, you selected.
- Clear cache.
With the above tips, you can easily clear spaces on your phone.
Check Your Apps
You need to check your apps to avoid clogging up work with apps you’ve not used for long.
- Go to the play store.
- Tap on the menu.
- Click on the “installed” widget.
- Sort your list of apps.
- Go to the last used.
- Locate the app you haven’t used for months.
The above are procedures to check for unused apps. Store your photos online- to save photos online, do the following.
- Go to the photos app.
- Click on the menu button.
- Choose back up and sync.
- Enable back up and sync tab.
- Switch to the account you want to use for the backup.
With these steps, you are good to go, ensure you follow the onscreen directives appropriately.
How to Free Up Space on Your iPhone
To free up space on your iPhone device, follow the following tips.
Do not store text forever- go to settings, and click on messages. Find the message history, and click on keep messages. Then, change the message duration. To delete, click on the delete pop-up tab. Do not double save content- launch the settings app and move to the photos and camera. Ensure the “keep normal photo” tab is unticking
Clear Browser Cache – to do this, go to Settings on your iPhone. Click on Safari. Then, move down and tap on the clear history and website buttons. If you’re using Chrome instead, open the Chrome app and tap on the menu tab at the top right side. Click on the “history” tab and then clear browsing data.