The Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand 2020 celebrates the University commitment to our international student community. It awards a range of these scholarships to international students each year. Applicants can either be entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington. There is more information based on this scholarship that would be useful to desired applicants, and you should read more to get the requirements and how you can apply.
Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand 2020
Under this scholarship, there is a partial fee-based that will be put towards your tuition fees for one year of study. The scholarship depends on the basis of academic excellence. It applies to study in the year following application and will be created for tuition fees. The candidate’s mat has to provide additional information to support their application. Scholars get an offer of a place in one of the university hall of residence.
Before going into the scholarship details fully, here is a brief description of the Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand 2020:
- Country: Tongarewa.
- To study at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Scholarship level: School leaver/1st year; Master research; postgraduate; Master by coursework.
- Tenure/duration: One year (Annually).
- Target group: International students.
- A number of scholarships offered: Unspecified.
- Value: About $5,000 or $10,000.
- Deadline: 1st June (for Trimester 2), 30th November (for Trimester 1), 1st September (for Trimester 3).
To be qualified for the scholarship programme, applicants must meet the eligibility requirements. Applicants must be:
- International candidates who are paying full international fees.
- Members entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- The applicant in their second or subsequent year of study at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Are twinning students or studying abroad from one of the eligible overseas partner universities.
- Have completed your secondary education at a New Zealand school.
- Members who have completed a prerequisite degree at Victoria University of Wellington (i.e. the English Proficiency Programme or Foundation Studies Programme).
Candidates are to submit the complete online application by 4:30 PM on the closing date. No late entries or incomplete applications. The application will open one month prior to the closing date. Due to recent events and travel restrictions worldwide, candidates are able to receive the Tongarewa Scholarship for study at Victoria University of Wellington in Trimester 3, 2020. If you seem interested in this scholarship, please apply through the link below:
Apply online for study in Tri 3, 2020 – Click Here.
Apply online for study in Tri 1, 2021 – Click Here.
The open dates for application are 17 June 2020 for Tri 1 and 9 Apr 2020 for Tri 3. Check the deadline in this article too.
Applicants selection takes place by a selection committee or panel made up of appropriate Wellington University International staff.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> Google Arts and Culture
The Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand 2020 is a partial fee scholarship. There is the availability of up to 10 scholarships of NZ$10,000 for both undergraduate and postgraduate recipients and up to 9 scholarships of NZ$5,000 will be available to postgraduate recipients only. The payment comes towards tuition fees once your enrolment process at the University is complete.
Regulations and Condition
Here are the scholarship rules and regulations:
- It cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The scholarship may hold in conjunction with a later year.
- The recipients are to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the deciding authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the scholarship may be modified special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any students for the scholarship.
- If the recipients decide to withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of the scholarship or fail to achieve satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the scholarship will normally be expected. Students are to see the scholarship office if they intend to withdraw.
- You must submit a complete online application by the due time 4:30 PM on the closing date. Incomplete and late applications will not be accepted. You have to submit Al documents are before the time of the closing date.
- All offers of the scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme within the stipulated criteria of the scholarship. Until this condition is met, no payment of the scholarship will be made.
Below is the deadline to which the Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand 2020
- 1st June (for Trimester 2).
- 30th November (for Trimester 1).
- 1st September (for Trimester 3).
Website: You should create an account to begin your application. Here is the URL of the Victoria University of Wellington https://wellingtonscholarships.communityforce.com/Login.aspx.