Top 10 Virtual Reality Companies in USA – Discover the leading Virtual Reality(VR) firms in the United States with their core services and ratings by reading this article till the end. With this write-up, you can choose the best VR company that suits your requirements and needs.
Top 10 Virtual Reality Companies in USA
In the world today, virtual reality companies are gathering pace in the industry despite being a relatively new field for them. Most of the time, the industry favours those invested highly in other technologies like gaming, the Internet, and computing.
List of Top Virtual Reality Companies in United States
Here is the list of the best VR companies in the US.
1) The NineHertz (Atlanta, USA)
2) HQSoftware (New York, USA)
3) iTechArt (New York, USA)
4) Oculus VR (California, USA)
5) HTC (North Conway, USA)
6) Microsoft (Washington, USA)
7) Unity (San Francisco, USA)
8) VironIT (San Francisco, USA)
9) Alphabet/Google (California, USA)
10) Next/Now (Chicago, USA)
The NineHertz (Atlanta, USA).
The NineHertz is an acclaimed virtual reality development firm that offers the market’s most popular VR app development solutions, from mobile to games, to all-in-one VR systems. It is an ISO-certified company and has excelled in providing the best VR app development services globally. The company was founded in 2008, with offices in the USA, UK, Australia, and UAE, and a development centre in India. Moreover, its VR app developers have provided robust and reliable applications.
They also offer other IT services such as IoT, AR, PWA, and Machine Learning development leveraging different platforms, including Android, iOS, cross-platform, and many more.
- The VR App Development
- VR game development
- VR sensor apps
- 3D Modelling in VR
- VR apps in healthcare
- Face and location-based AR experiences
- VR, PC and mobile platform development
- Visualization and 3D Rendering Services
- VR App Development for Game Consoles
- 3D Art & Character Development
- Photorealistic Designs for VR Apps
- Visit The NineHertz Website
HQSoftware (New York, USA)
The HQSoftware firm specialises in building robust Virtual Reality solutions of any complexity, from mobile apps to all-in-one platforms. The company’s experts make use of numerous technologies, including motion and eye-tracking technologies, AI, and ML, to create an immersive experience for a variety of business purposes. However, it also focuses on high-quality VR content, thoroughly designing every scene and creating detailed 3D models.
- There’s custom VR app development.
- full-cycle development of non-immersive, semi-immersive, and fully-immersive VR solutions.
- It offers sensor-based VR development.
- VR development with IoT integration.
- Provide 3D modeling
- Data visualisation and computer vision.
iTechArt (New York, USA)
iTechArt Group is a top-tier software development firm that enables businesses to reshape their solutions by implementing augmented and immersive experiences. However, by involving AI, IoT, blockchain, and other robust technologies, iTechArt’s teams create solid sector-specific AR and VR solutions.
Major Services include: Interactive AR and VR cross-platform mobile experiences, video transmission, image recognition, and 3D rendering, face and location-based AR experiences, AR/VR charts/graphs/maps, and computer vision
Oculus VR (California, USA).
Oculus is probably best known as the first developer of the modern VR headset. Facebook bought the firm for $2 billion in 2016, but it still runs as a separate VR company on Facebook. The company was founded in 2014.
Core Services: 4 top-notch headsets: Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift, Oculus Go, and Oculus Rift S.
HTC (North Conway, USA)
HTC has launched the first institutional-grade VR headset, the HTC Vive Pro, and two other versions of the Pro Eye, after the original first professional HTC Vive headset, released in 2017. The company was founded in 1997.
Core Services include;
- The HTC Vive can offer tethered room-scale VR, with an option to spend more on a wireless experience.
- HTC Vive Pro and HTC Vive Pro Eye headset devices come with integrated wireless capabilities. They employ a range of devices such as sensors, cameras, wireless base stations, hand controllers, and render tracking capabilities.
- The HTC Viveport Infinity VR content platform.
- VR, AR, and AR experiences, controllers, and other accessories.
Microsoft (Washington, USA)
Microsoft is best known for computing, IoT, and networking. But nowadays, it is known for AR projects such as the Windows HoloLens and Windows Holographic development platform. The company is also one of the biggest VR companies in the world today, founded in 1975.
Major Services include;
- Mixed Reality-ready PCs such as the HP Pavilion Power Desktop and accessories based on the Windows Holographic platform and HoloLens headset.
- Offers wearable VR gear for room-scale VR gaming.
- VR, AR, and MR apps on the Microsoft Store that work with Steam and other headsets and platforms.
- Project Scarlett VR is rumoured to be out this year and may include support for VR.
- The HoloLens is a Windows Mixed Reality headset.
Unity (San Francisco, USA) – Top 10 Virtual Reality Companies in USA
Unity is popularly known as a game engine that lets people develop games and gaming assets. And probably the company with the largest and most partnerships with VR companies compared to even the biggest VR companies.
However, most of the VR and 3D content being used has gone through the Unity platform. And their game engine is now compatible with VR, letting users develop 3D and VR content for a wide range of headsets.
Unity Major Services include;
- It supports VR content and devices.
- Some outstanding VR standouts include Coco VR.
- Unity virtual reality imaging is used as a prototyping tool by VR companies. VR filmmakers can use it for various production tools.
VironIT (San Francisco, USA)
VironIT Company deals in mobile, web-based, and business software applications, including support, maintenance, and integration of software systems. It also deals with IoT, robotics, and blockchain development. The company uses a variety of platforms for its development work, such as Android, Unity, iOS, Java, Node.JS, HTC Vive, Windows Holographic, Python, and others.
Major Services include;
- The VR ECG simulator is applied in the training and evaluation of medical personnel under ECG laboratory setups and procedures.
- AnatomyNext web-based AR and VR software is used in the medical education and training of healthcare experts.
- The Wild West VR first-person shooter game uses 3D models and AI.
Alphabet/Google (California, USA)
Alphabet, Google’s parent company, is involved in almost every aspect of technology, including search engines, AI, VR, AR, networking, computers, IoT, drones, space projects, smartphones, and so on. However, it is one of the biggest VR companies today.
Major Services include;
- The Google Cardboard is a popular and cheap, smartphone-based VR headset made of cardboard that retails at around $10.
- Alphabet has stopped development support for the Google DayDream, a cheap plastic smartphone-based VR headset.
- Expeditions VR is a virtual reality content platform designed for schoolchildren who want to virtually tour the world’s top museums and local excavations while learning geography, history, and culture from around the world.
- Google YouTube VR is another content platform for VR videos and experiences.
- VR apps with Google branding include Google VR Cardboard and Google Play for VR.
Next/Now (Chicago, USA) – Top 10 Virtual Reality Companies in USA
Next/Now Agency is a design studio that specialises in designing virtual reality and augmented reality experiences, apps, animations, fairs, trade shows, and festivals. It offers brand architects, computer scientists, video game developers, exhibit specialists, 3D specialists, animators, designers, and producers.
Not only that, the company specialises in motion and gesture digital experiences, projection mapping to turn spaces into virtual 3D surfaces; 3D animations; and multi-touch surfaces such as holographic. In addition, it deals with VR and AR experiences.
Major services include:
The Chevron Bumper-to-Bumper AR app, Cummins AR vehicle tour, LG AR product visualization, John Deere project mapping experience, and McDonald’s virtual pit crew challenge based on AR is among the top VR and AR branding experiences.
What is the best brand for virtual reality?
The Best VR Headsets of 2022 are as follows:
- Meta Quest 2. Best (the most affordable) VR headset. $400 at Meta.
- HP Reverb G2. Offers highest-Resolution PC VR Heads for $599 at HP.
- Valve Index is one of the best Steam VR hardware options. Steam costs $999.
- Sony PlayStation VR is the best bet: wait for PSVR 2 on PS5, which will cost $200 at Best Buy.
Who is Oculus’ biggest competitor?
Oculus’s competitors and similar companies are as follows: Unity Technologies, Niantic, HTC, and Magic Leap.
What are the four key elements of virtual reality?
Virtual Reality comprises four primary elements. They are:
- Virtual world
- Sensory feedback
What are the three types of virtual reality?
There are 3 primary categories of virtual reality simulations: non-immersive, semi-immersive, and fully immersive.
What is the difference between AR and VR?
- VR sets up an immersive virtual environment, while AR augments a real-world scene.
- VR is 75% virtual, while AR is only 25% virtual. VR requires a headset device, while AR does not.
- VR users move in a completely fictional world, while AR users are in contact with the real world.