Top Four 10 Best Airline Credit Cards Airline Miles? Are you searching for the top 20 best credit cards for airlines in 2022? Airline credit cards can be an ideal or great addition to your wallet if you fly or travel frequently by air. These credit cards work with airlines to offer rewards specific to that brand when users make use of the card at an airline.
However, there are massive rewards for loyalty to that particular brand using in-flight purchases, brand-specific benefits, and tickets.
Top Four 10 Best Airline Credit Cards
If you travel often by air, there is so much to gain from airline credit cards. When you travel using an airline credit card, it gives you the opportunity to earn miles as you make purchases. So, for you to enjoy the travelling perks that come with an airline, you should get a credit card that partners with the airline you travel with.
And when you do, with a particular airline, just make up your mind to always fly with that airline. So, if you’re looking for cards that reward you for loyalty to a particular airline, then you are in the right place.
Best Credit Cards Airline Miles 2022
Find out the best credit cards for airline miles below.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Cardholders earn great introductory bonus points on qualified purchases with Chase Sapphire Preferred.
- It offers new bonus points on qualified purchases made within the first three months of account opening.
- It offers extra points to cardholders on Lyft rides.
- Receive extra points for travel and dining.
- You get 1 point for each dollar spent on all purchases.
How to apply: To get this Chase Sapphire preferred CC, visit www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/sapphire-preferred-benefits Find the apply tab and follow the guide.
Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card
With this card, you will receive a quality welcome offer plus amazing rewards as you travel or spend with the card.
- It offers bonus miles when you make eligible purchases in your first 3 months of membership.
- Members are entitled to an extra 2 miles on purchases at restaurants and US supermarkets.
- Make qualified purchases on Delta purchases and get an extra 2 miles.
- Other purchases will earn you 1 mile per dollar.
- There are no foreign transaction fees with their card.
- You can redeem your miles for flights.
To apply for the Delta Sky Miles card, go to www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card/delta-SkyMiles-gold-American-express-card/.
The United Explorer Card
The United Explorer credit card is an airline card issued by Chase Bank. The card offers amazing rewards and benefits.
- New members are entitled to a free introductory annual fee.
- Take advantage of introductory miles on qualifying purchases made within the first three months of membership.
- Earn two miles for every dollar spent on hotels and restaurants.
- Members are also entitled to an extra 2 miles per dollar spent on United.
- Get 1 extra mile on all other purchases.
To apply online, go to Chase’s website at www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/United/united-explorer-card/travel-benefits.
American Express Delta SkyMiles® Gold Card
The Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card is offered by American Express Bank. It comes with a welcome bonus for new members, plus other amazing perks.
- It offers welcome miles to new cardholders on eligible purchases within the first three months of membership.
- There’s a free introductory annual fee for the first year of membership.
- It offers 2 extra miles on purchases at restaurants and US supermarkets.
- Delta offers 2 extra miles for every dollar spent on qualified purchases directly with Delta.
How to apply online:
Go to www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card/delta-SkyMiles-gold-American-express-card/ for more information.
American Express® Gold Card
With this Amex gold card earn amazing new membership rewards points on qualifying purchases plus other outstanding benefits and perks which include
- New users get 60,000 reward points on their purchases within the first six months of account opening.
- Receive points at restaurant purchases.
- Members get 4 extra points on eligible purchases at US supermarkets.
- With this card, you’ll get three incredible bonus points on flights.
How to Apply: To apply for this card, go to www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/cards/card/gold-card/.
Discover it®Miles -Travel Credit Card
This CC is issued by Discover Bank. It also comes with amazing perks and benefits for cardholders.
- With Discover it ® miles, there is no annual fee.
- Members can earn 1.5x miles on all purchases indefinitely. So, when you shop for airfare, hotels, groceries, and online, you are entitled to extra miles.
- Miles don’t expire.
- You can redeem your rewards for cash or travel.
For more details, go to their website using the link www.discover.com/credit-cards/travel/.
Chase Freedom Flex℠
Cardholders have 5% cash back in categories that rotate quarterly, up to $1,500 when enrolled, and 5% on travel purchased through There’s a welcome bonus for new members.
Earn a bonus after you make eligible purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
Each quarter that you activate, you will receive cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories. Enjoy the new 5% categories each quarter!
Earn cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, the company’s premier rewards programme that allows you to redeem points for cash back, travel, gift cards, and more.
Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card
With the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card, you can earn 2 miles per dollar on all eligible purchases and 5 miles per dollar on flights. Capital One’s most premium travel card is packed with extras that put it firmly in competition with other upscale cards, but at an annual fee that leaves the others far behind.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Its annual fee is lower than others in its category.
- offers annual travel credit and anniversary miles, which can justify the annual fee.
- Miles are easy to earn and easy to use.
- There is a scarcity of domestic airline and upscale hotel travel partners.
- The Capital One lounge network is in its infancy
- There are no hotel status benefits.
Aeroplan® Credit Card – Top Four 10 Best Airline Credit Cards
With this card, you can earn 3x points for each dollar spent on groceries, and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services. It also comes with a welcome bonus. However, the quality reward-earning potential of the Aeroplan® Credit Card makes the card an excellent option for those loyal Air Canada passengers who also regularly spend on food and travel.
- Excellent rewards earning
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Travel benefits, including perks for Air Canada flyers
- Earn after you make eligible purchases in the first 3 months.
- Receive points for each dollar spent on grocery stores, dining at restaurants, and on Air Canada directly.
- The first checked bag is free.
- Get bonus points for every eligible purchase you make in a calendar month.
United Club℠ Infinite Card
United’s top-tier card offers up to 4 miles per dollar earned on United purchases. The travel perks make the card an even better value, with the United Club membership alone worth more than the annual fee.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- A United Club membership is worth more than the annual fee.
- First and second checked bags are free when you pay for your flight with your card.
- Earn extra miles.
- Earn one mile for every dollar spent on United® purchases, including tickets, Economy Plus, in-flight food, beverages, and Wi-Fi, as well as other United fees.
- Earn miles per $1 spent on all other travel.
- Receive miles per $1 spent on dining, including eligible delivery services.
How to choose an Airline Credit Card
The first step in choosing an airline credit card is to know whether an airline credit card even makes sense for you, especially when compared with a general travel credit card whose rewards are not tied to a specific carrier. An airline card can be a great choice if you regularly fly the same airline and do so frequently enough that the benefits you get from the card justify the annual fee.
Furthermore, the more you fly a specific airline, the more likely you are to accumulate enough miles for a free flight or a seat upgrade and redeem those rewards for the desired flight. You should also consider checked bags because most major airline cards offer a checked bag fee waiver, which can be valuable and quickly make up for the annual fee.
If you frequently fly with one airline, you should get a card from that carrier. If you regularly fly with a couple of airlines, you might even consider getting credit cards for both. Moreover, in selecting among a major airline’s credit cards, a primary differentiator is airport lounge access.
And if you think lounge access is worth it, get the premium card but be prepared to absorb a hefty annual fee. It is also known that a lower-tier, no-annual-fee airline card might not include free checked bags.
What are the Top five major Credit Cards?
The best credit cards of 2022 are
- Citi Premier® Card: Best for good credit.
- Capital One Platinum Credit Card: Best for fair credit.
- Discover it® Student Cash Back: Best for students.
- Capital One Platinum Secured Credit Card: Best for bad credit.
- Petal ® 2 “Cash Back, No Fees” Visa® Credit Card: Best for no credit history.
What Credit card is best for SkyMiles?
The Best SkyMiles Credit Cards are as follows:
Best Overall: Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card.
The Best for No Annual Fee: Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card.
Best for Benefits: Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card.
Best for Big-Spenders: Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card