Truck Driver Jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship would be very easy for you if you met the requirements that were expected of you. However, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service has put in place the necessary criteria that will help aspiring immigrants immigrate to the USA without much stress.
Truck Driver Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
One of these includes the “express entry program”, a provincial-nominated program, etc. Moreso, with these programs, you will be sure to travel to the US with little or no stress.
Who is a Truck Driver in the USA?
A truck driver, also known as a “lorry driver, is an individual who drives a truck for the purpose of making a living. The driver generally drives in order to move goods via road transport from one point to another.
Truck Driver Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
Truck driver jobs in the USA with visa sponsorship are a nice opportunity. Are you a truck driver who is anticipating immigrating to the United States? Well, you are on the right track, as there are many truck driver job opportunities available in the United States, plus you can get a visa sponsorship to travel with.
The Salary of a Truck Driver in the United States
The salary of truck drivers in the United States is based on their experience and location. However, the average salary is $82,813 per year. While the highest-paid truck driver is $137,687. According to pay reported by Indeed users, truck drivers make $19.92 per hour on average.
The Highest-paying Cities for Truck Drivers in the United States
There are some cities in the United States that pay truck drivers so much. Some of these cities include:
Truck Driver Salary in Houston, TX
Houston, TX, is a peaceful city to live in. It has lots of goodies and also lots of benefits for their workers. However, the average salary for a truck driver is $92,102 per year in Houston, TX.
The average salary for a truck driver is $87,863–$172,431 per year in Phoenix, AZ. You will enjoy lots of benefits. However, they offer visa sponsorship and other benefits like life insurance, opportunities for advancement, paid orientation, paid sick time, paid time off, etc.
Jacksonville is a city located on the Atlantic coast of northeastern Florida, full of pleasantries. However, the average salary for a truck driver is $87,444–$187,982 per year.
This is another beautiful city in the United States that pays so much. However, the average salary for a truck driver is $89,146–$185,124 per year in Atlanta, GA.
5 of the Best Truck Driver Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
These days, people want to get the things they buy immediately. Well, delivery drivers have made that very possible. In this job, you will transport items like food, clothing, furniture, etc.
This career path carries a lower average wage, but it also means you will get to go home at the end of every day. And as a delivery driver, you are open to an average salary of about $35,100 to $44,500 per year.
Warehouse Forklift Driver
Warehouse forklift drivers are seen in warehouses. Well, that is where they work. They deliver stocks to distribution centers. They are responsible for orders, shipment containers, and retail delivery to and from plants. Warehouse forklift drivers earn an average annual salary of $35,100 to $44,500.
Long-Haul Cargo Driver
These are the drivers most people picture when they think of truck drivers. These drivers carry cargo over long distances. These types of drivers tend to be in higher demand and make higher wages of about $59,600 to $72,800 per year.
Concrete Truck Driver
You will need a CDL-B license to become a concrete truck driver. Concrete truck drivers go to work every day, knowing they are making an impact. And they are very open to paying $49,600 to $62,800 per year. Note that this could change based on a different company’s terms and policies.
Commercial Truck Driver
Commercial truck drivers transport goods all over the country. You will not always have to leave your state, either; many drivers move products within state lines. As a commercial truck driver, you are responsible for transporting anything from food to medical equipment to a variety of locations.
However, they have an average salary of $49,600 to $62,800 per year and more as time goes by. However, it is important to know that all companies have different policies, and this amount can be changed.
Qualifications and Requirements for Truck Driving Jobs in the USA
US trucking companies can use H-2-B visas to hire foreign commercial truck drivers. This visa program is designed to help US employers overcome the shortage of US workers who are not willing and able to perform nonagricultural labor. Here are some qualifications for being a truck driver:
- To become a commercial truck driver in the US, you need to be over 21 years old, or 18 if you are staying in the United States.
- You will need to attend a truck driving school and pass a test in order to earn a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Physical strength and the ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- extensive knowledge of the operating area.
- expertise using GPSA devices.
- good communication skills.
Once you have the above in place, you can use the steps given above to start applying for a job.
Responsibilities of Truck Drivers in the USA
Are you a truck driver or anticipating becoming one? Have you applied for a job in the United States and been employed already? Well, there are things you need to consider and responsibilities that you should carry out as a truck driver in the US. Some of these responsibilities include
- Keep your commercial driver’s license up-to-date. This means you have to renew your commercial driver’s license when it expires.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Report road incidents to the dispatcher.
- Ensure consistent and regular communication with radio monitors and promptly inform radio monitors of potential causes for delay, such as inclement weather, flat tyres, etc.
- Keep an activity log and log hours.
- Plan routes using a GPS system.
- Get the goods to the client on time.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Uphold punctuality.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- inspect trucks and record issues.
- Lastly, maintain a positive attitude towards customers.
- Maintain a good interpersonal relationship.
- When needed, aid the client in safely unloading and moving cargo from your vehicle.
- clean driving record.
These are the responsibilities of a truck driver in the United States.
Skills of Truck Drivers in the USA
Most of the time, expectations should be fulfilled, as being a truck driver is not all there is to truck driving. Hence, a truck driver is expected to have a certain skill that would distinguish their profession from a car driver’s profession. However, some of these skills include
- Customer service.
- Stress management skills
- alertness and awareness.
- time management skills.
- good communication skills.
- Traffic laws, DOT regulations, and driving knowledge
- Good listing and communication skills.
- Pallet jack experience is required; forklift experience is not.
Well, it is very important to ask yourself if you have all these skills before applying for a truck driver job.
Benefits of Truck Driving Jobs in the USA
Do you know that, outside of getting good pay from truck driving services, you also get access to certain benefits? Well, as funny as it sounds, it’s very true. Below is a list of benefits a US truck driver has access to:
- paid vacation and sick days off?
- You will have job security.
- Freedom of association and movement
- insurance on finance.
- Health insurance.
- No degree is required.
- Flexibility and freedom
How to Apply for Truck Driving Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service requires that American companies sponsor non-citizens. Companies that are having trouble filling roles in their businesses often turn to sponsor a nonimmigrant worker through the H1B visa. Furthermore, if these companies decide to employ you, they will have to carry out the following so you can get the H1B visa:
- When you have sent your CV and are accepted, your employer will tender a petition for sponsorship to the United States citizenship immigration service. However, this step will be taken after he or she has determined your payment rate.
- Then a labor condition application will be submitted to the DOL for certification.
- He or she will register with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service for the EW-3 lottery selection to be taken.
- Lately, the complete submission of 1-129 forms to the USICS for beneficiaries has been done.
When these are all done, you will be instructed to apply for the H1B visa with the job offer letter sent to you.
Truck Driver Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship Interview Questions
Here are some helpful expected questions and possible answers that can help you when called for an interview:
- Why do you want to work as a truck driver in the USA when there are other options?
- Why should we hire you?
- How Long Have You Been Working as a Truck Driver?
- I have been a truck driver for over seven years now, and it has really been amazing.
- Do you think communication skills are a vital part of your job as a truck driver?
- As a truck driver, how do you handle the pressure?
- How would you handle a situation where your delivery is late and your customer is angry?
- Tell me about your truck’s maintenance routine.
- As a truck driver, do you stop at weigh stations?
- As a truck driver, how do you handle accidents?
- What strategies do you have to ensure that you meet your delivery time?
- What are the greatest strengths of a truck driver?
Here are some interview questions you will be asked as a truck driver:
U.S. Companies that offer Truck Driver Jobs with Visa Sponsorship
Below are some companies in the United States that offer truck driving jobs to foreigners with visa sponsorship.
- Live Nation.
- Marathon Petroleum Company.
- S International.
Can I get a US visa as a truck driver?
If you are a foreign worker hoping to work as a truck driver in the US, you may be best served by applying for an H-2B visa. According to drivers.com, this is the best visa option for truck drivers.
How do you get a job as a truck driver in the USA?
To be a commercial truck driver in the US, you need to be over the age of 21 (or 18 if staying in-state). You need to attend a truck driving school and pass a test in order to earn a commercial driver’s License (CDL). Once you have this, you can start applying for trucking jobs and gaining experience.
Can foreign truck drivers work in the US?
A United States carrier may employ a foreign driver if the driver is engaged only in the international delivery of goods and cargo to or from the United States. The foreign driver must have an established foreign residence that he or she does not intend to abandon.
What Licence do you need to drive a truck in the USA?
Most drivers must obtain a commercial driver’s license (CDL) through their home state (it is illegal to have a license from more than one state). In addition, special endorsements may be required if you or your company drivers will be driving any of the following vehicles: a truck with double or triple trailers.