There is a job-seeking programme open to international applicants age 40 and above. The TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020 has created an opportunity for Post Doctorate holders to take part in the competition for some job-seeking positions. You could get this chance of working in a big company under the listed fields of which I will be listing in this article. If you desire to participate in applying for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020, then you should get to read more on this article. I will be providing the basic requirements for the application and how you can get to begin the entry processing.
TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020
This platform is calling on all young scientists from developing countries (excluding Thailand) to apply for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020 advance research in biotechnology. This will take place at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
Applicants should read through the programme details to get ready for the scholarship programme. Here are the details:
- The programme postdoctoral fellowship are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries to enable them to get advanced research in biotechnology.
- The TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020 is meant to seek for applicants on the positions for postdoctoral researchers in the areas of molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, and bioprocess technology.
- The programme will be providing a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
- Language of instruction for the programme is English.
Please visit the programme page for more details on the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020 via the URL https://twas.org/opportunity/twas-biotec-postdoctoral-fellowship-programme.
Applicants should adhere to the basic description of the scholarship programme. Below listed are the descriptions of the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020.
- Host country: Thailand.
- Partners Organizations: Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology Thailand.
- Level: Post-doctorate.
- Minimum degree held: PhD.
- Duration: Minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months.
- Age limit: 40.
- Deadline: 31st August 2020.
There are criteria for applicants who desire to opt into the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020. Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed countries.
- Candidates must be a national of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- Must be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- Applicants must not take up other assignments during the period of his/her fellowship.
- They are to provide proof or evidence that they will return to their home country on completion of the fellowship.
- Also, they are to provide proficiency in English if the medium of instruction is not English.
- Applicants must be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- They are to provide n official acceptance letter from BIOTEC. The request for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (e-mail: [email protected]) who will facilitate the assignment of a host supervisor. During the time of application, applicants are to add a request for an acceptance letter with a copy of CV, a research proposal outline, doctorate degree transcript, abstract of dissertation, statement of intent and three recommendation letter.
- Applicants must be more than 40 years old by the date of application.
- They are to apply for the fellowship within three (3) years of having obtained a PhD degree in fields of the natural sciences.
- Applicants are to meet the requirements of the 2 postdoctoral positions available at BIOTEC and its research units. Check here for full details of the positions or visit the URL http://www.biotec.or.th/en/index.php/news-2019/1334-biotec-is-seeking-2-positions-for-a-post-doctoral-researcher-in-the-areas-of-molecular-biology,-microbiology-,-organic-synthesis,-and-medicinal-chemistry.
Here are the eligibility requirements for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020 scheme. Please check here for more details https://twas.org/opportunity/twas-biotec-postdoctoral-fellowship-programme.
Field of study
The eligible field of study for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2020 include:
- Agricultural Science.
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology.
- Biological systems and organisms.
- Medical and health science.
- Chemical science.
Application for the Programme
The application for the TWAS BIOTEC programme can only be submitted via the online portal. You should apply or sign up to the TWAS page via the URL https://onlineforms.twas.org/register/137 to begin the application process.
- Open your web browser (Chrome is preferable).
- Enter the URL https://onlineforms.twas.org/register/137.
- Fill in your Name, Surname, Email, Password, and Confirm Password.
- Click on Create account.
Applicants are to submit their entries alongside attachments of their Acceptance Letter from the BIOTECH Research Support Division when applying. Follow the link https://onlineforms.twas.org/documents/Applicants_tutorial.pdf for guidelines on how to get and fill in the online form.
Duration of Programme
The Programme scheme will commence within a minimum f 12 months and a maximum of 24 months.
The deadline for the Postdoctoral Programme scheme is 31st of August, 2020. Applicants are to submit their entries before this end date as late entries will not be welcome. Visit the TWAS homepage for more information via the URL https://twas.org/opportunity/twas-biotec-postdoctoral-fellowship-programme.