What are Twitter keyboard shortcuts? Do you mean that the Twitter social media platform and tool have its own keyboard shortcuts? It is normal for devices and systems to have keyboard shortcuts, but when it comes to social media platforms, this is not something that is very popular or that famous.
Personally, I never knew how true this was until I did research on the topic. And guess what I found? Well, shortcuts aren’t that popular when it comes to social media platforms, but with Twitter, this is not the case. The Twitter social media platform actually has its own keyboard shortcuts.
Check Out: How To Enable Twitter Notifications using Twitter App
Twitter Keyboard Shortcuts
In this article, readers will learn of the various keyboard shortcuts available on the Twitter platform. While this news might come as a surprise to many, other Twitter users are not all surprised.
This is due to the fact that they have been making use of this feature for a long time. Personally, it hasn’t been long I learned of the keyboard shortcuts on Twitter. And since I learned of this twitter feature, it has made my experience on the platform a whole lot better.
What then are the twitter keyboard shortcuts? For the benefit of users who do not know about this, here it is. This is a feature on the Twitter platform. This feature, just as the name implies, lets or allows users to easily navigate the social media platform by tapping and clicking on some special keys.
Imagine having to click on a letter or combination of letters to get a result rather than going through pages and complicated steps. What could have taken you minutes with the Twitter keyboard shortcuts; this will only take you seconds. If you haven’t started making use of these shortcuts, it is time you start making use of them. Continue reading to learn of the keyboard shortcuts.
List Of Twitter Keyboard Shortcuts
There are lots of shortcuts keys on Twitter and in a bit, I will be listing them to you. These keyboard shortcuts can be used in making actions, navigations, and timelines on the platform and they are;
- N – New tweet.
- L – Like.
- R – Reply.
- T – retweet.
- M – Direct message.
- U – Mute account.
- B – Block account.
- Enter key – open tweet details.
- O – Expand photo.
- / – search.
- Cmd-enter | ctrl-enter – send tweet.
- ? – Full keyboard menu.
- J – Next tweet.
- K – Previous tweet.
- Space – page down.
- . – load new tweets.
- G and h – home timeline.
- G and o – moments.
- G and n – notifications tab.
- G and r – mentions.
- G and p – profile.
- G and l – like tab.
- G and I – lists tab.
- G and m – direct messages.
- G and s – settings and privacy.
- G and u – go to someone’s profile.
These are the keyboard shortcuts on Twitter. But here is a piece of important information to note regarding the shortcut keys on Twitter. These keys are only usable on twitter.com and therefore cannot be used on the Twitter mobile app.
How To Tweet On Twitter
Now that you have learned of the shortcut keys on the Twitter social media platform, it is only right I guide you also on how to tweet on the platform.
This may sound funny, but it is actually true that some users don’t know how to tweet yet and this is all about to change. Tweeting on Twitter is easy. A tweet on the platform may contain photos, videos, links, text, and GIFs. To make a tweet on Twitter;
- Log in to your Twitter account.
- Enter your tweet in the compose box. You will find this box at the top of your home timeline. Or you can simply click on the tweet button at the navigation bar.
- You can also include videos, photos, gifs, and links in your tweet.
- Lastly, click on the tweet button to post your tweet to your profile.
That’s it. Click on the X icon at the top left corner of the compose box to save your tweet as a draft. A tweet on Twitter can only contain up to 280 characters.
Can you turn off Twitter keyboard shortcuts?
Yes, you can turn off Twitter keyboard shortcuts by following these steps:
- Log in to your Twitter account on your desktop or laptop computer.
- Click on your profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings and privacy” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Accessibility” in the left-hand menu.
- Under the “Keyboard” section, toggle off the switch next to “Use keyboard shortcuts”.
- If prompted, confirm that you want to turn off keyboard shortcuts.
Once you turn off keyboard shortcuts, you will no longer be able to use them on Twitter. If you want to turn them back on, simply follow these steps again and toggle the switch to the “On” position.