Do you know that the actual light from your desktop and mobile device screens actually are harmful to your eyes? Yes, this is true; it has been tested and therefore reported by experts in the field. But before this was even reported in the papers and media, I knew already.
Personally, I spend a lot of time in front of my desktops and mobile devices and there are times that I am left with migraines or strains on my eyes. And all along I have always known. In this article, however, I will be discussing the Twitter night mode with you. Do you know what the Twitter night mode is? If you don’t know, would you love to know? If this is the case with you, then this article is for you.
Twitter Night Mode
The Twitter night mode or dark mode as it is popularly called has been on the news recently for all the right reasons. Well, this is a feature that most social media platforms have adopted recently and users all over the world are all excited about the new development.
Other popular social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter have all adopted and integrated this feature into their platforms. The night mode is a feature that will help reduce strains on your eyes. This feature is best used at night. It gives your page a darker look.
This feature does not change how the app or website works. On the other hand, it does not add extra functionality. It is just an option that changes the look of your Twitter account page. Many Twitter users prefer the dark mode.
Personally, I prefer this option and feature as it has helped my eyes on many occasions since I started making use of it mostly in low light conditions. For devices, mostly newer devices with OLED screens, it helps save battery life.
Twitter Night Mode PC
Activating the dark mode feature on Twitter on desktop devices is easy and it is just a few clicks away. Just as I have mentioned already many users are already making use of this feature and if you don’t know how to activate it, you have nothing to worry about as I will be guiding you through the whole process. To activate dark mode;
- Go to Twitter on your desktop device and log in to your account.
- Select the ellipsis icon in the left menu.
- Click on display.
- You will then have to select dim to activate a blue themed dark mode or select lights out to turn on the twitter dark mode.
- If you wish to further customize the twitter dark mode, select the coloured icons just above the dark mode options. This will help change the colour of the Twitter icons and links.
That’s all about activating the dark mode on Twitter on your desktop PC.
Twitter Dark Mode Android
The dark mode is not just developed for desktop devices alone. Mobile device users can also activate this feature on the Twitter app on their mobile devices, whether it is an android device or an iOS device. To activate the twitter dark mode feature on the android or iOS Twitter app, follow the steps below;
- Open the Twitter app on your device and log in to your account if you are not logged in already.
- In the top left corner of the Twitter page, click on your profile icon or picture.
- Tap on settings and privacy from the menu.
- Tap on display and sound.
- Select or tap on the dark mode toggle to activate the dark or night mode feature on your mobile device.
This will activate the dark mode feature on your device. But before then two options will pop up, dim and lights out. If you want a dark blue theme, tap on dim. But if you want a purely dark mode, tap on lights out.