Twitter Notification . Do you have a Twitter account? If you do, then this article is a must-read for you. What is the Twitter notification? The term Twitter notification is an easy-to-understand one. In order to get a full and clear picture of what the term means, as a reader you will need to treat the term ‘Twitter notification’ as two single entity which is ‘Twitter ‘ and ‘notification’.
When you have an understanding of these two, then you will understand what the term is. Now the main question you should now be asking yourself is what Twitter is and what are notifications.
Check Out: What is Twitter? How do I start a Twitter Account
Twitter Notification | Twitter App
Twitter as you may have known already is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, no doubt. With this social media platform, one can communicate with both friends and family. Also, this platform cannot be used by individuals alone; it can also be used for business purposes.
Businesses and enterprises, both big and small are all making use of the social media platform in marketing and promoting their business. And since the platform is a well-known one globally, it is almost the perfect tool for social media marketing.
Notifications on the other hand are messages, symbols, emails, and icons that appear when a program or an application wants to capture our attention. Notifications generally can be put in many ways. And here is another one. Notifications are a way to let you know about something new at a particular time. The main aim of notifications is to make sure you don’t forget about anything that is worth your attention. Notifications are more like reminders but not really.
I bet that with the explanation of both terms above, you now know what the term; Twitter notification’ is? Twitter notifications, therefore, are updates or pop-ups that are sent to your device alerting you to whatever’s happening on Twitter, it is that simple. In the Twitter social media platform, there are two types of notifications and they are the push notification and TimeLine notifications.
Well, push notifications, as you may know, are those notifications you get on your device about software even when you are not running the software or program. Notifications timeline on the other hand is a way of seeing how others on the platform are relating to you.
How To Enable Twitter Notifications
In this article, I will be educating you on how to enable Twitter notifications, otherwise known as push notifications. The other type of notification, notifications timeline is another topic for another day. But I hope with the short piece on it, you get the message. To enable notifications on Twitter on your devices, follow the steps below; to manage your web notifications preferences on desktop;
- Log in to your Twitter account and click on your profile icon.
- Select settings from the drop-down menu and click on web notifications from the settings sidebar.
- For the notifications, you wish to receive check the boxes next to them and for the ones you don’t wish to receive, uncheck the boxes next to them.
- Lastly, click on save changes.
To turn on your browser notifications on Twitter
- Log in to your Twitter account.
- Click on the profile icon and select the settings option from the drop-down menu.
- From the settings, the sidebar clicks on web notifications and click on turn on next to turn on browser notifications.
You can follow the same steps to turn them off at any time you want.
How do you get notified on Twitter?
To get notified on Twitter, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to the Twitter website or open the Twitter app on your device and log in to your account.
- Locate the profile of the user or account you want to receive notifications from.
- Click on the profile, and on the top right corner, you will see a button with three dots. Click on it.
- In the dropdown menu, select “Turn on notifications” to receive notifications every time that user or account posts a tweet.
- You can also choose to receive notifications for specific types of activities, such as when that user likes or retweets a tweet, by selecting “Notification settings” from the dropdown menu.
- In the Notification settings, you can choose which activities you want to receive notifications for, and how you want to receive them (via email, mobile push notifications, or web notifications).
Once you have completed these steps, you will start receiving notifications on Twitter from the user or account you selected.