Have you ever wondered what Twitter retweet with comments is? Twitter is one of the most popular and most used social media platforms in the world.
This social media platform is a very unique one in the sense that it brings something to the table that other social media platforms do not. If you have been making use of this platform then you would understand what I mean. Over the past decade until this very moment, the social media platform Twitter has been very popular and famous.
The platform has become one of the destinations to get trending news from. Other news platforms are even making use of the platform to share breaking news. Immediately a news breaks, this platform picks it up and that’s just how prominent the platform has become over the years.
Check Out: List Of Twitter Keyboard Shortcuts And How to Use Them
Twitter Retweet With Comments
On the Twitter platform, there is a feature known as the retweet. A retweet simply is a tweet that you share with your followers publicly. With the retweet feature on Twitter, news and other pieces of information can easily and quickly be shared on the platform. You can simply retweet a tweet by other users on the platform or you can add your very own comment to it or even a media file.
A Twitter retweet with comment, therefore, is a retweet on the platform carrying a comment, obviously not from the original author of the tweet. When making use of the retweet feature or button on Twitter, your retweet or quote tweet will make a reference to the tweet you are sharing.
Now that you know what Twitter retweet with comments are, I will be guiding you through the steps needed in tweeting on the platform and also Retweeting with comments.
How To Retweet On Twitter
Retweeting on Twitter is easy. But however, most users find it difficult. Well, it’s not all that difficult and with just a few clicks and taps you will get this done in a short time. To retweet on Twitter, follow the steps below;
- Log in to your Twitter account at Twitter.
- Hover over the tweet you want to share.
- Click on the retweet icon or button.
- You will be shown the tweet you want to retweet via a pop-up.
- Click on the retweet button.
- Open the Twitter app on your device and make sure you are logged in to your account.
- Locate the tweet you want to share or retweet and tap on the retweet icon looking like a recycle bin logo.
- Tap on retweet from the pop-up.
How To Quote Tweet
- Log in to your Twitter account and hover over the tweet you want to share.
- Click on the retweet button or icon.
- Click on the retweet as a quote tweet option.
- Add your own comment. You can also add media files such as video, a gif, or up to four photos.
- Lastly, click on the retweet button.
- Download and open the Twitter app on your mobile device.
- Login to your Twitter account.
- Locate the tweet you want to retweet and tap on the retweet icon.
- Tap the retweet as quote tweet option.
- Enter your own comment. Note that you can also ass or include media files such as video, gifs, and up to four photos.
- Lastly, tap on retweet.
That’s it. The tweet will be shared immediately with your followers as a tweet or a quote tweet on the platform.
What is the difference between quote Tweet and retweet with comment?
Both Quote Tweet and Retweet with Comment are features on Twitter that allow users to share someone else’s tweet while adding their own commentary.
The main difference between the two is that a Quote Tweet embeds the original tweet within the new tweet, while a Retweet with Comment simply adds the original tweet’s text as a quote without embedding it.
In other words, when you Quote Tweet, you’re sharing the original tweet along with your own text, and the original tweet is visible within your tweet. When you Retweet with Comment, you’re essentially sharing a copy of the original tweet’s text with your own comment added, but the original tweet itself is not visible in your tweet.
Another difference is that when you Quote Tweet, you have the option to add media (such as images or videos) along with your comment, while a Retweet with Comment doesn’t allow for additional media to be added.
Overall, both features allow users to share tweets with their own commentary, but Quote Tweet embeds the original tweet within the new tweet while Retweet with Comment simply adds the original tweet’s text as a quote.