What are twitter trends and how relevant are they on the Twitter social media platform? Well if you would love to find out then here is the perfect opportunity for you. Yes, you make use of the Twitter platform almost every day if not all the time, and I guess you never knew what the Twitter trends are all about.
Some users may have found the bold ‘trends for you’ header on their Twitter account page, but deep down don’t really know what they represent. In this article, I will be discussing with you what twitter trends are all about and how you can find them on the platform.
What do Twitter trends mean? A trend on Twitter is a topic or it can also be referred to as a hashtag-driven topic that is immediately popular at a particular time. These trends represent activities based on real-time topics and not topics that have been popular for a while.
Trends are determined by factors that monitor hot and trending subjects and topics based on the people you follow and your location. On your trending list on Twitter, you will find topics that are related to you, the people you follow o the type of community you belong.
Where To Find Twitter Trends
Finding and getting access to trends on Twitter is easy peasy. Twitter account holders can get access to trends on the platform via Twitter for iOS, Twitter for Android, and www.twitter.com.
If you are making use of or accessing Twitter via a mobile app, you can find trends under the explore tab. If on the other hand, you are accessing Twitter from your desktop PC, you will find the feature in many places such as the home timeline, notifications, profile pages, and search results.
One of the prominent places to find the trends section on the desktop is on the right-hand column of the Twitter homepage. However, you will need to be a registered account holder on the Twitter platform to access or find trends on the platform.
How Twitter Trends Are Determined
Have you ever wondered how trends on Twitter are determined? If you have ever pondered on the topic, here is a reason why. There is an algorithm by which this is done. This algorithm together with a default means determine trends based on your locations, your interests, and the people you follow.
Also, this algorithm discovers topics that are popular at the moment and not topics that have been popular for some time. With this feature, you get to access the hottest emerging topics and discussions on the social media platform. If you wish to view trends from other regions you can do this by selecting a specific location on your android or iOS device.
How To See Trends For A Specific Location
Just as mentioned above, you can choose to see or view trends from a specific location. All you need to do is to click on the change tab or option on the trends box on Twitter. To adjust your trends settings location, follow the steps below;
Twitter for iOS
- Log in to your Twitter account.
- Tap your profile icon in the top menu.
- Select settings and privacy.
- Tap on content references on the next page.
- Under the explore tab, tap on trends.
- Drag the slider that is next to trends for you in order to receive personalized trends.
- After disabling the feature, tap on change location.
- You can choose from the list of locations or enter the name of the location you want to get trends on.
Twitter for android
- Open the Twitter app and log in to your account on your android device.
- Tap on the navigation menu icon or your profile icon.
- Select settings and privacy.
- Tap on content preferences.
- Tap on trends under explore.
- Drag the slider that is next to trends for you to turn on personalized trends.
- Now that the feature is disabled, change your location by tapping change location.
- Enter your desired location or choose from the list provided for you.
You might have a location you want to get trends from but may not find it on the list. This means that Twitter is not receiving enough tweets from that geographical area.