Applications are open for the UCL Research Excellence Scholarship (UCL-RES) 2024. The UCL Research Excellence Scholarship (UCL-RES) is a prestigious award designed to attract outstanding scholars for doctoral research at UCL.
UCL Research Excellence Scholarship (UCL-RES) 2024
The scholarship offers up to 40 fully funded opportunities to exceptional applicants worldwide, including both prospective and current UCL doctoral students.
Details of UCL-RES
- The scholarship aims to support international students from lower-income backgrounds pursuing full-time postgraduate studies at UCL.
- Awards cover the standard duration of the research phase of the program, typically 3 years for full-time MPhil/PhD/EngD programs (or 5 years for part-time).
- Integrated four-year doctoral programs will have the award extended to the fourth year of research.
- Funding for the 2024–25 academic year is expected to start on September 23, 2024 (TBC).
To apply, you must:
- Admission Application:
- Have submitted a completed admission application to, or are currently registered on, an eligible full- or part-time degree program at UCL by the scholarship deadline.
- Academic Qualification:
- Hold or expect to achieve at least an upper second-class Honours UK undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification.
To be awarded, if selected, you must:
- Offer of Admission:
- Receive an offer of admission to, or currently be registered for, a full-time or part-time research degree program at UCL.
Benefits of 2024 UCL-RES
The scholarship includes full fees (home or overseas) and a maintenance stipend during the research phase, increasing annually with inflation.
To apply, you need the following documents:
- Research Scholarships cover sheet
- Updated CV listing publications, prizes, awards, and scholarships
- Lay summary of the research proposal (maximum of 200 words, excluding title)
- Academic transcripts from all undergraduate and postgraduate programs
- Two references
Step 1: Apply for admission to UCL
- Prospective students must submit a complete application for admission to an eligible degree program by the specified deadline. An offer of admission is not required at this stage, but the admission application must be submitted.
Step 2: Submit scholarship application documents
- Notify your academic department, institute, division, or unit of your interest in the UCL-RES.
- Submit the required documents to your academic department.
- You can refer to the list of administrative contacts page here for submission details.
For more information about the scholarship and the application procedure, please visit UCL’s Research Excellence Scholarship.