UCLA Admission Requirements for Freshman? UCLA is the abbreviation for University of California Los Angeles. The school is one of the top research universities in the United States, that offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional education.
UCLA offers more than 3,900 courses in 109 academic departments, 125+ majors to help students define their academic path.
Furthermore, admission for freshmen is for people who are currently in high school or maybe must have already graduated from high school but have not yet enrolled in a regular session at a university. The main purpose of this write-up is to provide you the major admission requirements at UCLA.
UCLA Admission Requirements for Freshman
When you apply for admission at the University of California Los Angeles, the school’s admission board considers the accomplishment of the person both in and outside of the classroom in order to determine the person’s admission status. Beneath are the criteria they consider.
- Good academic performance in a rigorous high school program.
- UCLA considers special talents, awards, or accomplishments.
- They also consider a 3.93 average unweight GPA for fall 2020 admits.
- Leadership and involvement outside of the classroom are also considered.
- Your own accomplishments, life experiences, and circumstances.
- Considers a meaningful insight about yourself when answering the personal insight questions.
- Two years history/social science.
- One year of visual and performing arts (if available).
- Two years of laboratory science – (3 years recommended).
- Two years of a language other than English – (3 years recommended).
- One year of college-preparatory elective.
- Four years of college-preparatory English.
- Three years of mathematics – (4 years recommended).
These are some of the criteria the admission board considers before offering admission to applicants.
UCLA Admission Requirements for International Students 2021
Below are the admission Requirements for Undergraduate/freshmen at UCLA;
- Academic criteria.
- Transcript and official records.
- Language criteria.
- Education System criteria.
Academic: For you to qualify to apply for admission at UCLA as a freshman, you must have completed secondary school and have not enrolled in a regular session at any university.
1, The university does not admit people into an undergraduate program who already has a Bachelor’s degree. 2, do not admit anyone who has the equivalent of three years of transferable university work.
Meaning that you may not disregard your college record and apply as a freshman. 3, all transfer applicants must be at the junior level, the person must have taken college-level coursework that amounts to 90-130 quarter credit units.
Transcripts and Official Records Criteria: you must provide official records and transcripts from the secondary schools you attended. The records or transcript must come with the subjects taken and grades received, including a record on any national or government certificates earned.
You need to also send other documents of all college or university coursework in the original language, along with English translations.
UCLA Admission Requirements
Language Admission Criteria: the language criteria for admission are very important in admission consideration. Seeing how important proficiency in the English language is, you need to demonstrate English language proficiency, by taking a test.
Students are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS), or the Duolingo English Test (Fall 2021 and 2022 only, under review for Fall 2023).
Education System Requirements: This criterion depends heavily on the person’s/applicant’s country and educational system. Due to this, you may have to meet additional admission criteria in the process. So, try to gain more knowledge about your country-specific requirements.