UCLA Admission Requirements Graduate? Are you a graduate, but wishes to further your studies at the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA)? I have great news for you, UCLA offers graduate degrees in nearly 150 departments, ranging from an extensive selection of business and medical programs to degrees in 40 different languages.
These programs are instructed by a faculty of Nobel Prize winners, Field Medal recipients, and Fulbright scholars, and it’s one of the most esteemed in the world. However, its graduate schools including 40 of the doctoral programs—consistently rank in the top 10.
UCLA Admission Requirements Graduate
When it comes to admission rate, UCLA admits 6,000 graduate students of the 21,300 who apply each year. The faculty of each graduate program is in charge of evaluating applicants who meet the minimum requirements and also recommend a selection from among them. Here are the criteria;
- You must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, comparable in standard and content to a bachelor’s degree from the University of California. However, degrees that are not considered comparable are those degrees granted on the basis of work completed at institutions that are not fully accredited and those granted on the basis of non-academic prior learning, test scores, or other than organized supervised coursework in academic subjects.
- You also need an overall scholastic average of B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better is required, or its equivalent if the letter grade system is not used and in any post-baccalaureate study.
- An international student whose post-secondary education is completed outside the US is expected to hold a degree representing completion of at least four years of study with above average/very good scholarship from a university or university-level institution.
Here are the requirements for UCLA admission.
Applicants, both U.S. citizens, and Permanent Residents, who do not have a bachelor’s or higher degree from a university located in the United States or in another country in which English is both the spoken language of daily life and the medium of instruction, or who have not finished at least two years of full-time study at such an institution, endeavor to consult English Requirements.
Materials to Be Uploaded into the Application or Sent to the Department/Program/School are Transcripts, Statements, and Letters of Recommendation.
Requirements for International Applicants Includes;
- English language requirements.
- Required academic records.
- Visa procedures.
Submitted application materials are accessed and reviewed by faculty admissions committees in each major program who select the best-qualified applicants. The admissions board bases recommendations for admission upon a careful comparison of applications, and the process may take considerable time.
However, Diversity, Inclusion, and Admissions, cannot guarantee that the applicant will receive a response, favorable or unfavorable, on or before any specific date.
Application Deadlines & Admissions
Some graduate admissions applications are due on Dec. 1. Although many academic programs at UCLA vary from this schedule, and some have multiple admissions rounds. To get the correct application deadline, its process, and requirements for the program you’re going for kindly can visit a major’s program page.
UCLA Graduate Application
To apply for UCLA graduate programs, visit their official website. You can do that by pressing on the link beneath https://grad.ucla.edu/admissions/admission-application-for-graduate-admission/.