UCLA Admission Requirements Transfer. Find out the admission criteria for transfer students for the University of California Los Angeles. This article will be helping you with what it takes to be considered for admission into UCLA.

UCLA Admission Requirements Transfer: UCLA Transfer Students Applying to A Major

So, to be on the best side you need to work hard. Your GPA has a very important role to play in the admission process. Apart from the GPA, you must have also completed most major prep courses.

CHECK THESE OUT: University of California (UCB) – University of California (UCB) Berkeley Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria,…

UCLA Admission Requirements Transfer

However, the criteria outlined here will enable you to know if you have what it takes to apply and be admitted. You should also know that, that you meet all the criteria those not guarantee your admission.

Yes, the school has the number of transfer students they want, once they get the number they want, they go with it. Check out the following admission criteria for transfer students, below;

  • Junior-level standing (you must have completed 60 semesters or 90 quarter transferable units) by the end of the spring term before you transfer.
  • You need a GPA of 3.2 or higher earned in transferable courses.
  • Complete the following course requirements by spring prior to transfer: 1 the two transferable courses in English composition or critical thinking and writing. 2 One transferable math course that has a prerequisite of intermediate algebra or higher. 3. Four transferable college courses in at least two subjects such as; arts and humanities, physical and biological sciences, social and behavioral sciences.
  • Employment while attending school.
  • Involvement in campus organizations and community service.
  • Family responsibilities and many more.

These are the criteria for admission into UCLA.

UCLA Transfer Students Applying to A Major

When you apply to the University of California Los Angeles as a transfer student, you must apply to a specific major. Each major has preparatory requirements for transfer students. However, transfer admission is dependent on the successful completion of this coursework along with a competitive GPA.

Also, transfer students must complete their major preparation requirements by the end of spring prior to transfer.

Supplemental Applications

Also, know that if you’re choosing a major outside of the College and the Samueli School of Engineering you must submit a supplemental application directly to that professional school before November 30. The professional schools that require supplemental applications are as follows;

  • School of the Arts and Architecture.
  • Herb Alpert School of Music.
  • School of Nursing.
  • School of Theater, Film, and Television.

Note; Applicants who choose programs in the above schools as their alternate major will be reviewed for their primary major only.

About Intercampus Transfers

If you want to transfer to UCLA from another UC campus, you must apply for admission to UCLA and go through the same process as any other transfer applicant. Moreover, in order to be considered for admission to UCLA, you must leave or have left your previous UC campus in good academic standing.

Also, do well to complete the General Education (GE) requirement of the UC campus you currently attend before you transfer. If you adhere to this, you’ll be exempted from UCLA’s GE requirement.

Transfer Information Site- ASSIST

California’s statewide transfer information website, ASSIST provides UC Transfer Course Agreements, selected Major Preparation Articulation Agreements for all California community colleges, and Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) course lists.

Center for Community College Partnerships (CCCP): CCCP works through a multi-faceted approach with efforts at the student, faculty, and administrative levels, in order to increase the academic preparation and competitiveness for community college transfer students, especially those who are first-generation, low-income, or historically underrepresented.

Community College Transfer Recruitment (CCTR): The school sends admission representatives to all California community colleges during the academic year through their Community College Transfer Recruitment (CCTR) program. Visit your college’s Transfer Center to schedule an appointment.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here