UCLA Freshman Admission Requirements? Do you want to apply for a freshman course at University of California Los Angeles? There are requirements you need to meet to have the higher chances of getting an admission. Discover the requirements for UCLA admission in this article.
UCLA is a popular university and a highly competitive school to get into with a low chance of acceptance for typical applicants.
CHECK THESE OUT: University Of California Los Angeles – UCLA Admission Requirements
UCLA Freshman Admission Requirements
Generally admitting students who score in the top 10%. It typically accepts and attracts “A” average high school students. Most incoming freshman graduated in the top quarter of their high school class. When UCLA review freshman applicants they look at a wide variety of factors. Some are more easily quantifiable than others.
Below are the primary academic factors the school considered when they reviewed our freshman applicants for Fall Quarter. However, there’s no specific cutoff value assigned to any of the factors we consider.
- Your accomplishments, life experiences and circumstances.
- Good academic performance in a various high school program.
- UCLA consider special talents, awards or accomplishments.
- They also consider 3.93 average unweight GPA for fall 2020 admits.
- Leadership and involvement outside of the classroom are also considered.
- Considers a meaningful insight about yourself when answering the personal insight questions.
- Two years history/social science.
- One year of visual and performing arts (if available).
- Three years of mathematics – 4 years recommended.
- Two years of language other than English – 3 years recommended.
- One year of college-preparatory elective.
- Four years of college-preparatory English.
- Two years of laboratory science – 3 years recommended.
These are some of the criteria the admission committee considers before offering admission to applicants.
UCLA Freshman Admission Requirements for International Students 2021
If you are an international students, here are the freshman admission requirements.
- In order to qualify to apply for admission at UCLA as a freshman, you must have completed high/secondary school and have not enrolled in a regular session at any university.
- Transcripts; you must provide official records and transcript from the secondary schools you attended. It the records or transcript must come with the subjects taken and grades received, including record on any national or government certificates earned.
- TOEFL/IELTS: for international applicants, IELTS or TOEFL is one of the major criteria for admission consideration. English language proficiency is important, and you need to demonstrate it by taking a test. Students are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS), or the Duolingo English Test (Fall 2021 and 2022 only, under review for Fall 2023).
These are the major admission requirements for International Freshman at UCLA. For the SAT criteria read the section below for more information on it.
UCLA SAT Requirements
SAT is the abbreviation for Scholastic Assessment Test, it is a standardized entrance exam used by most schools-colleges, universities to make admissions decisions. However, due to the covid-19 pandemic, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) will not consider SAT/ACT scores for admission or scholarship purposes through fall 2024.