UCLA Tuition International? You want to know UCLA tuition and fee for international students? Tuition and fees are very important factors an international student should always look out for before proceeding to apply to the school. As an international student, you need to know what it takes to study abroad, know if you can afford to study abroad.
However, the school also ensures that aspiring students prove they are financially stable to study in the school, to avoid being stranded.
CHECK IT OUT: UCSD ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SAN DIEGO – ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
UCLA is a school for all, it opens its arm for international students. Students come from all over the world to attend school. There are a wide and outstanding variety of experiences and backgrounds their students bring to the campus. Find out the estimated fees and intuition for freshmen, in the section below.
UCLA Tuition International
You should know that the school does not award scholarships or financial aid to undergraduate students who are not citizens or permanent residents of the US. Also, before gaining admission as an international student, you must prove that you have sufficient funds available to pay for your educational and other expenses.
For instance, students admitted to Fall Quarter 2021 will need a minimum of $67,701, plus and $5,000 recommended for additional, contingencies and summer expenses. You should also know that the minimum amount usually grows yearly.
UCLA Tuition and Fees Estimation for International Students
Check out the 2021-2022 estimate budget for undergraduates below. The tuition and fees may be lower or higher than the amount outlined.
Tuition and Fees
- UCLA residence halls – $13,258.
- Off-campus Apartments – $13,258.
- Living with relative – $13,258.
Room and Meals
- UCLA residence halls- $16,763.
- Off-campus Apartments – $15,951.
- Living with a relative – $7,119.
Books and Supplies
- UCLA residence halls- $1,404.
- Off-campus Apartments – $1,404.
- Living with a relative – $1,404.
- UCLA residence halls- $606.
- Off-campus Apartments – $1,059.
- Living with a relative – $2,016.
- UCLA residence halls- $1,467.
- Off-campus Apartments – $1,701.
- Living with a relative – $1,812.
- UCLA residence halls- $2,799.
- Off-campus Apartments – $2,799.
- Living with a relative – $2,799.
Nonresident Supplemental Tuition
- UCLA residence halls- $29,754.
- Off-campus Apartments – $29,754.
- Living with a relative – $29,754.
The above Tuition and fee are the estimated cost per academic year, which is 9months.
UCLA International Students Acceptance Rate
The total number of international students in the school is 7,174. And about 70% of the university’s student body studies at the undergraduate level, and about 12% undergraduates and over 20% of graduate students at UCLA are international.
For example, 17,858 international students applied to UCLA in 2020, but only 1,671 gained admissions, which is an acceptance rate of 9%. However, with these statistics, you will realize that there are fewer slots for international students than domestic students in the upcoming class. This means you may have a shot if your own academic profile falls within this range.
To be part of the few foreign applicants, you need to work hard, ensure you meet the basic requirements. Make sure your application is exceptional. This is what will distinguish you from other applicants.