Ui.texasworkforce.org is the official website for Texas Unemployment Insurance. By visiting the UI Texas workforce portal, UI benefits members can access their unemployment insurance accounts. Right within the account, they can file claims online, access their claim status, and many more.
The Unemployment Insurance benefit website enables members to request payment benefits, file claims online, view claims Status, check payment status, and many more. However, to manage your UI Benefits online, you must create an account, and then log in.
Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits
Unemployment insurance is a joint state-federal program that offers cash benefits to eligible workers. However, every US state, like Texas, administers a separate unemployment insurance program, but all states follow the same guidelines established by federal law.
The U.S. Department of Labor’s UI programs offers unemployment benefits to qualified workers who suddenly become unemployed through no fault of their own.
Eligibility Requirements For TWC Texas Unemployment Insurance Benefits
To find out who is eligible for Texas Unemployment Insurance, read below. For you to qualify for this UI benefits program, you must meet all of the following:
- You must be unemployed through no fault of your own.
- Have worked during a specified period, usually up to 18 months.
- You must have earned a minimum amount of wages as determined by Texas State.
- You must be actively searching for work each week that you are collecting benefits.
However, other requirements may apply. These are eligibility requirements for unemployment insurance benefits.
How to Check Your Unemployment Insurance (UI) Eligibility Status Online
To check your UI eligibility status, do the following:
- Go to https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/91
- Tap on the “Check if you may be eligible for this benefit.”
- Select your current employment status.
- Press next and follow the prompt.
These are the procedures to check your eligibility status for UI online.
How to Apply for TWC Texas Unemployment Insurance Benefits Online
To apply for Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) UI benefits online, please take the following steps.
- Go to https://www.twc.texas.gov/jobseekers/unemployment-benefits-services
- Under “Apply for Benefits,” tap on “Submit an application for unemployment benefits.”
- If you have an account, log in with your user ID and password. If you don’t have an account, click on the “sign up” User ID tab.
- Navigate with the prompt to access the Application form
- Fill in the form and submit it.
To complete the application process, you will need to provide the following information:
- Last employer’s business name and address
- First and last dates (month, day, and year) you worked for your last employer
- Number of hours worked and pay rate if you worked this week (including Sunday)
- Info related to your normal wage
- Alien Registration Number (if not a U.S. citizen or national)
- A valid Texas Driver’s License number or Texas Identification Card number
These are the steps for the TX UI Benefits application online.
You can access any of TX Unemployment Benefit Services’ online systems by visiting the correct portal. If you already have a user ID for another TWC Internet application, like WorkInTexas.com, try signing on with that ID. Otherwise, skip the sign-in field beneath the next section to sign up.
How to Sign in to Unemployment Insurance Benefits Texas
To log in to Texas UI Benefits, do this!
- Progress to UI Website at https://www.twc.texas.gov/jobseekers/unemployment-benefits-services
- Hit on the link that says “Log on with your existing TWC User ID or create a new User ID.”
- Input your user ID and password.
- Press the login button.
You will successfully log on to your account by following the steps above.
How to Sign Up for Unemployment Insurance (UI) Benefits Account
To enroll for a Texas Unemployment Insurance Benefits account online, follow these steps.
- From the sign-in screen, click on the “Sign Up” button. Use the steps above to locate the login page.
- First Name
- Middle Initial
- Last Name
- Email Address
- User ID and password
- Choose your questions and enter answers that others can’t guess.
- Tap the next link.
These are guides on how to Sign up for a UI benefits account.
Texas Workforce Commission Unemployment Insurance Benefits Phone Number
Do you have any issues or queries as regards unemployment insurance benefits? If yes, please call the Texas workforce team. The support team is ready to provide answers to your questions and provide possible solutions to problems as regards Ui benefits. To get the UI phone number, do the following:
- Progress to https://www.twc.texas.gov/jobseekers/unemployment-benefits-services#applyForBenefits
- Move down the page and you will see the UI Benefits support phone number.
- Go ahead and place a call to them.
What can disqualify you from unemployment benefits in Texas?
You may be qualified for benefits if you were fired for reasons other than misconduct. Examples of misconduct that could make you ineligible are violations of company policy, violations of law, neglect or mismanagement of your position, or failure to perform your work adequately if you are capable of doing so.
How do I correct an error on my unemployment claim in Texas?
- Sign in to Unemployment Tax Services.
- Choose the tab for Report Filing from the My Home page.
- Select the Adjust Wage Report link on the left.
- Click on the wage report you want to adjust.
- Correct social security number errors, if applicable.
- Then search for the employee whose information you wish to change and follow the instructions on the screen.
What reasons can you quit a job and still get unemployment?
You may be eligible for unemployment benefits if you quit your job.
- Applicants quit taking another job.
- You became sick or disabled, or a member of your family became sick, disabled, or died, and it was necessary for you to quit work.
- You moved to be with your spouse or domestic partner whose job is outside your labor market area.
How do I File a New Claim for Texas UI Benefits?
You can file a claim in two ways: either online or by phone. The fastest and easiest way to apply for your unemployment insurance (UI) benefits is online with the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC). The UI website is user-friendly and has an online glossary and a frequently asked questions page. If you’re eligible for a claim, expect your claim to begin on the Sunday of the week you submit your application.
After filing your application, WorkInTexas.com – the state’s job bank, automatically launches to offer you the added convenience of beginning your job search immediately. So, to get started, click this link: https://www.twc.texas.gov/jobseekers/unemployment-benefits-services and select the apply button.
How do I request a UI benefit payment?
People who have an active UI claim can request a benefits payment by phone or online. They will require your weekly earnings (if applicable) as well as your job search activities.
So, to Request Unemployment Benefits Payments Online, navigate to the UI benefit website at https://apps.twc.state.tx.us/UBS/changeLocale.do?language=en&country=US&page=/security/logon.do
Then, log on to Unemployment Benefits Services to request a payment benefit.
How do I View My Ui Benefits Claim/Payment Status Online?
To access it to check your claim status or payment status online, click on this link: https://apps.twc.state.tx.us/UBS/changeLocale.do?language=en&country=US&page=/security/logon.do
Then sign in with your user ID and password. Check your claim online by following the guide.