Applications for the UN Foundation Polio Press Fellowship 2024 are open now. Are you interested in reporting on global health issues and making a difference in the world? If so, you may want to consider applying for the UN Foundation Polio Press Fellowship 2024.
Application Deadline: January 1, 2024
This fellowship offers up to $10,000 in funding to support journalists passionate about covering polio eradication efforts and raising awareness about the disease’s impact on communities worldwide.
The application deadline for the fellowship is January 1, 2024, so be sure to submit your materials by then if you’re interested in applying.
UN Foundation Polio Press Fellowship 2024 (up to $10,000)
The fellowship is intended for journalists who want to cover issues about the global eradication of polio.
Before going to a nation-leading eradication of polio, fellows who are chosen are expected to take part in an online course offered by the UN Foundation on polio to acquire information and conduct interviews about their suggested topic.
Fellows are expected to disseminate their work through credible media channels after their stay. Applications are encouraged from local and foreign reporters with a track record of publication in national and/or international publications.
Background for the UN Foundation Polio Press Fellowship 2024
Children under five are most commonly affected by this highly contagious disease, polio, which can result in paralysis or even death. Global polio cases have dropped significantly—by more than 99% since 1988—thanks to extensive eradication efforts that include an efficient vaccine, international detection and reporting networks, strong government funding, and committed health workers. Global polio eradication is now imminent.
With the help of this fellowship, experienced journalists will be able to visit polio-affected communities. Also, collect stories that will help spread the word about the significance of eradicating polio and the ways that polio infrastructure may support larger health objectives.
- Based on the project and budget plan provided in their application, each fellow will receive an award, not to exceed USD 10,000, to cover costs for an individual reporting trip in the first half of 2024. Transportation, lodging, food, visa fees, and other travel-related charges might all be covered. It is not permitted to buy equipment with awards.
- There are two types of rewards: small awards, which are under $5,000, and major awards, which are up to $10,000.
- Open to journalists who would like to cover global polio eradication stories.
- Reporters who are interested in visiting the following high-priority nations will be given preference: Nigeria, Mozambique, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
The application deadline is January 1, 2024. January is when the chosen fellows will be notified. Trips for reporting should be finished by July 2024.
Interested reporters are invited to apply with a project concept and funding. Please go to our application page to submit your project proposal. Applications should take into account the specific interests of each journalist, such as monitoring and vaccination against polio, eradicating the disease as a component of health security, examining the relationship between polio and gender, and eradicating the disease in difficult-to-reach places.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is January 1, 2024.
Open this link for more details about the UN Foundation Polio Press Fellowship 2024.