Applications for the UN SDSN Youth Nigeria SDGs Advocate Programme are open now. This (Cohort 5) is a program aimed at empowering and equipping young Nigerians with the skills, knowledge, and tools to advance the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Nigeria.
Application Deadline: December 23, 2023
This program provides a platform for young people to contribute to the SDGs by creating targeted impact projects and engaging with policymakers, stakeholders, and the public. The application deadline for this program is December 23, 2023, and applications are currently open.
UN SDSN Youth Nigeria SDGs Advocate Programme (Cohort 5)
For four months, young people in Nigeria will participate in an intense training and advocacy program called SDGs Advocate. Through the course of more than 20 lectures, original readings, and thorough assessments, young actors and changemakers will be able to get a deeper grasp of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the UN.
This program aims to create a network of outstanding young leaders who will advocate for the SDGs across the country. Through this program, young people in Nigeria between the ages of 18 and 35 will have the chance to support the country’s 36 states in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
It supports young people’s active engagement and the development of long-lasting change in their local communities or surroundings while also advancing global objectives.
The SDGs Advocate program will provide participants with the following advantages and opportunities:
- Gaining expertise and knowledge in leadership and SDG advocacy.
- Acknowledgement and certification on a global scale for exceptional performance and contributions to the SDGs’ accomplishments.
- Establishing a network of young leaders dedicated to advancing sustainable development that shares similar views.
- Being able to interact with mentors who will assist and guide you during the program.
- Gaining real-world experience in advocacy, community involvement, and project management.
- Constructing their CVs and improving their chances of finding employment.
- Access to SDSN membership after completion.
- The candidate must be a Nigerian national between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Ability to dedicate a minimum of 4 hours each week for the duration of the program.
- The ability to participate in online instruction.
- Eager to contribute to growth and transformation.
- It is not required of applicants to have a prior understanding of the SDGs 2030.
Starting in January 2024, selected applicants will be enrolled in a 4-month intensive training and advocacy program.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is December 23, 2023.
Open this link for more details about the UN SDSN Youth Nigeria SDGs Advocate Programme.