International students around the world can apply for the University of Manitoba 2020-2021 International Undergraduate Student Bursary Canada. This programme was developed for students who are entering into any Bachelor degree programme at the University of Manitoba. You can apply now for the university and check your eligibility to participate in the ongoing student bursary. It begins every first week of August, till October 1st annually. So, you should try t apply now and get the programme benefits to your aid. There is more information about this programme you can get from reading more on this article.
University of Manitoba 2020-2021 International Undergraduate Student Bursary Canada
This programme provides funding for international students. The University of Manitoba has made available the student’s bursary programme, inviting all international students with good academic records, and also with demonstrated financial needs, who are undertaking any Bachelors degree programmes in both the fall and winter terms.
About the University of Manitoba
The University of Manitoba has been driving discovery and inspiring minds through innovative teaching and research excellence since 1877. It is located in the heart of Canada, the University of Manitoba has a strong and engaged community of students, faculties, staff, alumni, donors, and community partners. The University of Manitoba has a global impact with more than 145,000 alumni living in 140 countries. It is a public research university in the province of Manitoba, Canada. The university is the first university of western Canada, and it maintains a reputation as a top research-intensive post-secondary educational institution and conducts more research annually than any other university in the region.
Brief Description of Scholarship
Before you generally go into the main details of the bursary programme, here is a brief description of what it is about.
- Programme type: Bursary.
- Host Institution: University of Manitoba.
- Country: Canada.
- Target students: International.
- Application deadline: October 1st, 2020.
Aims and Benefits of the University of Manitoba 2020-2021 International Undergraduate Student Bursary Canada
The generated sum of grants for the programme available each year is about $240,000. And this grant will be equally divided among the applicants/students eligible for the programme.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS >>> Tongarewa Scholarship at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand 2020
To be considered eligible for the University of Manitoba 2020-2021 International Undergraduate Student Bursary Canada, there are some requirements to be met by the student. Here are the requirements for the programme:
- The programme is eligible to international students with good academic standings and records in both the fall and winter terms and demonstrated financial needs.
- Students applying must meet the minimum GPA requirements. Continuing students are expected to have a minimum degree GPA of 2.0 while the new students (from high school) must have a grade 12 average of 70% or higher.
- Students that are admitted on Mature Students Status is also eligible for the programme.
- The international students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply to the general bursary programme.
- All applying students must complete courses in both fall and winter terms to be eligible.
- Students must register for and complete at least 60% of full course-load per term (i.e. a minimum of 9 credit hours per term).
- Graduated students do not have to adhere to credit hour minimums provided they re-registered as full-time students over the fall and winter with the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
How to Apply
To qualify for the student bursary programme at the University of Manitoba, students must apply for the University of Manitoba General Bursary through Aurora in addition to any individual applications that may be required for specific awards. The financial needs of the applicant must be in the application. Students who have applied for government students’ loans from other provinces must provide a copy of the current official government loan assessment to support their declaration of financial need. The University of Manitoba Bursary application will be available from the beginning of August every year. Visit the site to apply for it now via the URL https://aurora.umanitoba.ca/banprod/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage.
Students are to begin registration and application as from on the 1st of August. The deadline for the programme is on the 1st of October. So, apply now.
Note: The University of Manitoba 2020-2021 International Undergraduate Student Bursary Canada operates and runs its programme annually.
Official Website: https://www.umanitoba.ca.