What does it mean by ‘Update my Messenger’? If you are using the Facebook messenger app and it is outdated, Do you know that you can update the app to enjoy more new and latest features on the app? Every update on the Messenger app has a new feature or bug fixes to it. If your app is not up to date, You might be having some issues on the app and you will get a message reminding you to update the app to the latest update.
What is Messenger?
Messenger is the Facebook messaging app used for sending and receiving messages or text from your Facebook friends. With the messenger app, there are lots of things you can do on the app, such as;
- Share your reactions on a friend’s story or in your chats. You can send a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and also use mood emojis to express yourself.
- Share your photographs and video clips: with messenger, you can capture your moment with the messenger camera, add a filter or doodle to send to friends or post as a story.
- You can send voice notes to your chats.
- Make a video call or an audio call with your friends and family.
- Share your location with the people you want to share it with to plan for an event or to organize an event.
- You can play awesome games with your friends.
- Chat with business.
- Send money to your loved ones abroad.
There are more features on the Facebook messenger app to be enjoyed.
How to Update Messenger
If your messenger app is not updated, you can update the app that has already been installed on your device. Follow the simple instructions below;
- Open the app store of the device.
- Tick on the Updates button.
- Scroll through your Available updates section to find the messenger app.
- Once you have found the app, click on “Update” to update.
Or you can also find it;
- Open the app store.
- On the search box, type in messenger and search.
- Once the result is displayed, tick on the messenger app.
- If the app is out of date, you will see “Update app”, tap on it to update.
Make sure you have a good data connection.
Follow the instructions below;
- Open the Google play store.
- Tick on the menu tab at the upper left side.
- Then tick on “My apps and games”.
- Scroll through your updates section to locate Messenger.
- Click on “Messenger”.
- Then tick on “Update”.
The new update will be installed; you can open the messenger from the same page.
How to Sign in for Messenger
Once you update the app you can sign in if your account is not signed in or you can just start a conversation if you have your account already. Follow below to sign in;
- Open the Messenger app.
- If you have your Facebook logged in, messenger will collect your login details automatically to sign you in.
- You can also log in manually by fill in the details or using your mobile number.