Utah Educational Savings Plan (UESP) is recognized for investment options, stewardship and low fees. Currently known as My529. It is a direct-sold 529 college savings plan available to residents of any state.
However, it offers investment options which consist of;
- Vanguard and Dimensional funds
- The PIMCO Interest Income Fund
- An FDIC-insured account option
- A Stable Value option.
With the UESP- meet your education savings goals.
Utah Educational Savings Plan – my529 Utah
The UESP is designed to encourage saving for college. The plans are sponsored by states, state agencies, and educational institutions, and are authorized by Section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code. Further, My529 is a 529 plan established and sponsored by the State of Utah.
Benefits of Utah Educational Savings plans (my529)
529 plans offer important advantages to account owners and beneficiaries.
- Earnings aren’t subject to federal or state tax when used for qualified higher education expenses, such as:
- Many states provide tax credits or deductions on contributions.
- Registration is open all year.
- Account owners control their accounts.
- There is no age, income, or residency restrictions.
- Plans typically provide a range of investment options.
- Withdrawals can be used at any qualified higher education institution.
- The 529 funds can be used for college, university, post-secondary vocational or technical school, or graduate school.
- Funds can also be used for tuition at K-12 schools.
- Saving is less costly than borrowing with 529.
These are benefits of Utah’s savings education plan ( my529).
Utah Savings Education Plan Account
How to create an account? First and foremost you must provide the required info, choose your investment strategy, read the Program Description and follow the prompt to open an account online.
The data you need to speed up the process is as follows;
For Account owner
- S. Social Security or Taxpayer Identification Number
- Date of birth (must be age 18 years or older)
- Mailing address
- Physical address
- Your bank routing and bank account numbers (optional)
- S. Social Security or Taxpayer Identification Number and date of birth of any successor account owners you may designate(optional)
Designate a beneficiary for whom the account is being created and whose qualified higher education expenses will be paid from the account. (Note: the beneficiary can be anyone, including the account owner.)
- S. SSN or Taxpayer Identification Number
- Date of birth
- Mailing address and Physical address
- Is the beneficiary a Utah taxpayer or resident?
Once you have the above info in detail, you are set to enrol.
Utah Educational Saving Plan Investment
Choosing your investment strategy. My529 offers a variety of investment options such as
- 12 Enrollment Date options
- 10 Static options
- Two Customized options.
This includes funds managed by The Vanguard Group, Dimensional Fund Advisors, Pacific Investment Management Company (PIMCO), and FDIC-insured accounts held by Sallie Mae Bank and U.S. Bank.
However, you decide how aggressive you want to be with your investment based on your goals and how much time you have to save. Also, the Internal Revenue Service allows two investment option changes per calendar year for each beneficiary.
How to Create Utah Educational Savings Plan Account
To sign up for an account, do the following
- Go to https://my529.org/
- Tap on the Menu icon
- Select the enrollment tab
- Click on the Open an account link
Follow the directives to create an account with the Utah Savings education plan.
Utah Educational Savings Plan Login
The login portal is accessible for everyone who set up an account with Utah 529. For you to access the educational plan portal, you will need to first create an account, and then login afterwards. If you’re new to the platform, the section below will guide you on the login process.
How to Login to Your Utah Savings Education Plan Account
To access your account, do the following
- Navigate to https://my529.org/
- Scroll down the page and click on the Account Login tab
- Follow the prompts, fill out your login details and you will successfully access your account.
With the above steps, you will successfully log in to your ny529 account.
Utah My 529 Customer Service – Utah my529
If you need help or support contact the customer care executive, using this medium;
- Visit their official page at https://my529.org/
- Scroll down the page
You will see the Customer service phone number, fax number, email address and mailing address