The word utopia, what is it all about? Find out in this article. This article will be outlining the Definition of Utopia. The word has been defined by so many individuals, but the first person to write of a utopia was Sir Thomas More. It was defined as a word used to describe a perfect imaginary world.
Furthermore, Thomas More’s book fictions a complex, self-contained community set on an island in which people share a common culture and way of life. The word utopia was coined from the geek word autopods which means a good place.
CHECK IT OUT: Definition of Utopia – Salvo Zizek Explanation About Utopia
Apart from Sir Thomas More, there are other people who wrote about utopia giving their own definitions.
- Alphonse De Lamartine “: Utopia is often only premature truths.”
- Utopia socialist Etienne Cabet in his book said “Utopia and other models of government, based on the public good, maybe inconceivable due to the disorder human passion which, under the wrong government, seek to highlight the conceived or the selfish interest of the community.”
- According to a philosopher (Slavoj Zizek) said there are two meanings of utopia. 1, the old notion of imagining this ideal society we only will never be realized. 2, the capitalist utopia, which is a new perverse desire that you’re not only allowed but even solicited to realize. He said utopia is not kind of a free imagination Utopia is a matter of innermost urgency, you’re forced to imagine it, is the way out, and also what we need today.
These are the diverse meanings of utopia from different people.
Discover the synonym for UT, in the list below.
- Garden of Eden.
- Pie in the sky.
- Seventh heaven.
- Land of milk and honey.
These are some of the Synonym of UT.
The ecological aspect describes fresh ways in which society should relate to nature. Thus, it perceives a big gap between the modern western way of living that destroys nature and the more traditional way of living before industrialization. This kind of utopia may advocate a society that is more sustainable.
Political Utopia Definition
Utopia is an integral part of political theory, that has to do with the critique of existing society and its improvement. A notion of social perfection and harmony are not blueprinting for social engineering as this has totalitarian and authoritarian and totalitarian consequences.
Utopia In a Sentence
You don’t know how to use the word to make a sentence? If so, here are examples of utopia sentences.
- The dominion was a utopia; if it was possible to shut out every European and every wild Indian, it might have last longer.
- In a few hours, friendly relations had been established between the natives the readers of utopia.
- John was on a flight that seemed at first glance to be a utopia.
- Moreover, in his Utopia, I know it would no longer be true to speak of nature as being red of tooth and claw.
The above are examples of how to use the word “Utopia” to make sentences.