The VLC media player is a free multimedia player where plenty type of media files can be played on and it can still play plenty of streaming protocols. This VLC is very easy, fast, and free to use software and it plays a wide range of audio music, videos and images and any kind of file for its users. It plays directly from any smartphone device comfortably.
VLC Media Player
The VLC media player was developed by the VideoLAN project and it was launched in the year 2001, February 1. The media player is a well polar file player that is available in different languages and platforms.
It is available on various digital platforms like desktop, iOS devices, android, devices etc. it also supports a lot of file formats.
Features Of VLC Media Player
The VLC has plenty of features in it that assure members of how good the media player is. Read below to see the features;
- Playback frame by frame
- Timeshift for media
- Instance pausing and play
- New Blu-ray
- Speed control and finer playback
- Multimedia keys are controlled by a modern apple keyboard
Above are some of the features of the media player
How to Download the App on your Android Devices
Follow the below steps to download and install the app on your android devices;
- Open your mobile phone and go to the google play store
- Open the play store and search “VLC Media” in the search field
- Click on the install button
- Wait for the installation and start streaming.
These are the steps t install the app on your phone.
How To Download and Install App On iOS Devices
Follow the below steps to install the app on your iOS;
- Open your iOS device
- Go to the Appstore and open it
- Search for “VLC Media” in the search field
- Tap on “Get”
- Wait a while for installation and start to use the VLC media to stream any kind of video content you want.
Above are the steps to install the app on your iOS device.
How to Stream Videos Online with VLC
Follow The below steps to stream videos online with VLC;
- Open the VLC player and press on CTRL+S ON YOUR COMPUTER KEYBOARD and click on the button that shows ‘media menu’
- Click on stream and a window that’s showing “open Media” will be open on the screen
- Select the media you want or select any kind of video file you like then,
- Click on the ‘stream’ button and tap on ‘Next’
- Click on a new destination as HTTP
- Click on the transcoding option as video + MP3 and click on ‘next’
- Accept streaming options to stream videos and click on the “Stream” button
- Open the VLC media layer and click on the “Open Network Stream” or you can press on CTRL + N
- Now, enter your system IP address and the IP address is 8080
- Lastly, click on play to start streaming.
These are the steps to stream videos online with VLC.