Who wants to know more about the WAEC Result Checker? The West African Examination Council is an examination body. It is responsible for the testing of students in secondary schools competence for tertiary education in a college of education, Universities, polytechnic, and monotechnic, etc.
Students that want to get admission into any of this institution of higher learning must have at least five credits pass inclusive of English Language and Mathematics in at least two (2) sitting.
WAEC Result Checker
The council (WAEC ) is responsible for conducting examinations for a number of international and national within the west African countries with the exception of Nigeria where is conducted just once.
The West African School Senior Certificate Examination(WASSCE) is conducted for the school candidates in the month of May/June while for those of the private candidates is conducted in the month of November/ December. The candidates registered for the month of May/June are done through an accredited Secondary school.
The WAEC Examination is expected to be the last examination for students in secondary school. Their ability to pass the examination will determine if they are to further their education into the higher institution or not.
How to Use WAEC Scratch Card to Check WAEC Result
- Log on to the WAEC portal waecdirect.org.
- On the left-hand side of the site, you will see a form with that of a yellow background you have to fill in with your details to check your result. Fill in all necessary requirements and you are, to begin with, your ten (10) digit Examination number. This is a combination of your 7- digit Centre number with 3 digit candidate number you got during the time you were writing the examination.
- Then proceed to input the year of your examination.
- Select the type of examination i.e. the time/period you wrote the examination either May/June or November/December.
- Then you proceed to fill in the card serial number which gives you access to the rear site of the result checker scratch card.
- Enter the PIN (Personal Identification Number) that is available on the result checker scratch.
Fill in all the information, then verify all the details you have filled in, in their appropriate column.
- After checking and you are sure they are correct. Then click on the submit button.
- Then your result will appear and you can now print it.
Things Needed to Check WAEC Result Online
Candidates that desire to check their results need the following requirements.
- The type of examination.
- The examination candidate number.
- Examination number of the student.
- The examination year.
- Result checker scratch Card.
All these are known as the requirements for a student to check his or her WAEC result.
How to Check Your Original WAEC Certificate
- Log on to the WAEC certificate checker portal – waecng.org.
- Then enter your examination year (the year you wrote the exam).
- After that, you have to select the type of examination (May/June or November/December). But for WAEC SSCE SCHOOL Candidates are to choose the option SCHOOL CANDIDATE RESULT while those for the WAEC GCE PRIVATE CANDIDATES are to choose PRIVATE CANDIDATES RESULT.
- Then type in your card serial number.
- Then also type in your PIN (Personal Identification Number).
- Check to see all information you provided are in their right column and correct, then click on the submit button and wait for your E-version of your WAEC certificate to show up.
NOTE: You can also print your WAEC certificate from the portal as well if you are using a desktop or a laptop, once the WAEC certificate shows up, you can go to your file menu and select print but if you are using your mobile phone you can then click on the WAEC certificate page that load up.