The WFF Youth Policy Board 2024-2026 Call for Applications is now open. The Youth Policy Board aims to connect and empower young people from various backgrounds across the globe to discuss their local priorities and challenges related to food and agriculture and identify innovative and actionable solutions for a better food future.
Application Deadline: January 30, 2024
If you’re between 18 and 35 years old and are interested in agrifood systems issues, you are welcome to apply. As a member of the YPB, you will have the opportunity to co-lead the WFF youth assembly, join a powerful network of agrifood systems changemakers, receive capacity-building and training opportunities, and gain visibility through speaking opportunities at various events.
WFF Youth Policy Board 2024-2026 Call for Applications
The WFF youth action and policy track seeks to unite and empower young people from diverse backgrounds worldwide to talk about local issues and priorities and to find creative and practical solutions for a better food future. The Youth Policy Board (YPB) is a key element of the Youth Action and Policy Track. It is responsible for overseeing the WTF Youth Assembly.
This group’s duties include overseeing the Youth Assembly, drafting youth policy views on food and agriculture-related issues, organizing regional events, and giving strategic guidance for the Youth Assembly’s ongoing events as well as the WFF’s yearly flagship event. The Youth Assembly aims to co-organize and develop events for the WFF Youth Action Track, as well as to initiate policy inputs and draft opinions on regional and theme issues.
Benefits of the WFF Youth Policy Board 2024-2026
- The World Food Forum YPB members who join the cohort will be able to: co-lead the WFF youth assembly, which deliberates on different policy goals and formulates proposals about policy related to agrifood systems issues.
- Become a part of a strong network of changemakers in agrifood systems that includes the WFF secretariat, partner organizations and constituencies, regional and liaison offices of the FAO, and other YPB members.
- Get some assistance with restricted travel and lodging to the WFF’s annual flagship event, which takes place at the FAO headquarters in Rome, Italy.
- Gain access to chances for training and capacity building, as well as the chance to participate in a range of WFF programs and activities.
- Speak at a variety of international, regional, and local policy-related events to increase your profile.
- Use the WFF secretariat’s network and resources to empower young people to revolutionize agrifood systems.
- Increase awareness via WFF social media platforms and a network of partners.
Eligibility Criteria for the WFF Youth Policy Board 2024-2026
- Those who are interested in joining the new cohort and are between the ages of 18 and 35 are welcome. For the duration of their mandate (that is, until April 2026), the candidate must be 35 years of age or younger.
- adequate command of both written and spoken English.
- Participation and availability in the regular sessions of the Youth Policy Board (YPB).
- knowledge of and enthusiasm for agrifood systems problems.
- respecting WFF’s basic principles.
- Ability to commit to the role for roughly 20 hours each month.
Application for the WFF Youth Policy Board 2024-2026
The main duty you will have as a YPB member will be to oversee the Youth Assembly. Verify that you have read the Youth Assembly’s TOR.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is January 30, 2024.
Open this link for more details about the WFF Youth Policy Board 2024.