What Can You Buy With Snap EBT Card On Amazon? Do you have the Snap EBT card, you’re wondering what you can use the card to shop on the Amazon store? This content will be listing items you can purchase using the card.
In the US, Over a 42million people are on food stamps or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). And Amazon store has a list of more than 30,000 items that SNAP claimants can purchase. That is to say, Amazon is one of the major stores that accept payment with the EBT card.
What Can You Buy With Snap EBT Card on Amazon?
Amazon is a proud partner of SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). The program supplements needy families to make sure they have enough funds for healthy food.
However, the Amazon store stocks a variety of EBT eligible foods across Amazon Grocery, Amazon Pantry, and Amazon Fresh. So, as far as the items are eligible in the selected state, Amazon will accept EBT card payments online.
List of Eligible EBT Items Available on Amazon?
EBT food products need to meet certain health standards to ensure families are getting proper nutrition and staying as healthy as So the most popular EBT items you may find on Amazon include:
- Fresh, frozen, and canned fruits and vegetables
- Fresh, frozen, and canned beef, pork, poultry, and other meat products.
- Dairy products such as milk, cheese, yoghurt, and fresh, frozen, and canned seafood
- Nuts, chips, crackers, pretzels, and other snacks
- Freezer aisle items like pizza and potatoes
- Candy bars, cookies, cake, pie, and other baked items
- Soda and juice
- Flour, sugar, oil, and other baking products
However, the SNAP EBT card can also be used to purchase vegetable and fruit seeds that will eventually turn into healthy family food.
List of Items you Can’t Buy Using EBT Card on Amazon
The Department of Agriculture has a list of items that you can’t purchase with SNAP benefits. They are as follows;
- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, or tobacco
- Vitamins, medicines, and supplements.
- Hot food
- Pet food
- Nonfood items including cleaning supplies and household supplies, and hygiene products
These are items you can’t buy using Snap.
How to Shop EBT Items on Amazon – Buy Product with EBT Cardon Amazon
To shop on Amazon online store, do the following;
- Proceed to Amazon’s official website amazon.com
- Go to the search bar to find the EBT item (s) you want to buy
- Once you locate the item, click on the Add to Cart tab. You might be prompted to log in to your Amazon account.
- Follow the prompt to check out and make your payment
These are steps to purchase EBT Items on the Amazon store.
Does Amazon take SNAP EBT in 2022?
The answer is Yes. Amazon does accept SNAP EBT benefits (initially known as food stamps) across Amazon Fresh, Amazon Grocery, Amazon Pantry, and eligible Amazon.com products, in 2022.
How Does Amazon EBT Payments Work?
Do you wish to use Amazon EBT payments? All you need is to add a valid SNAP card issued in a participating state as a payment method on your account.
Further, when you go to place a food order, you can choose SNAP EBT as the payment method. Amazon will take care of the rest to make sure the transaction is valid and the EBT can be accepted. Currently, buyers in all states apart from Alaska, Hawaii, Louisiana, and Montana are eligible to use SNAP EBT on Amazon.
Can you Use SNAP EBT Cash or Other Payment Methods on Amazon?
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance program comes with EBT funds and EBT cash, along with credit, debit, and gift cards, plus an Amazon Cash- which can be added to the balance of your account.
However, EBT funds are mainly used for the purchase of eligible grocery items while EBT cash includes more generic funds to support families.
So, if your cart contains EBT products and non-eligible items, you won’t be able to complete the transaction without an additional form of payment.
Does Amazon Offer Free Grocery Delivery for SNAP EBT Orders?
The EBT orders are eligible for free shipping if you meet the minimum order requirements. And to qualify you will need to stock up on enough groceries, rather than just one or two items.
Both SNAP and non-SNAP items count toward the minimum spend for free shipping, regardless of EBT eligibility or the payment method.