What is Disney Genie Plus? Unless you’re a Magic Key holder who can return to the park multiple times, planning a visit at Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World Resort can be hours in the making.
With the relatively high cost of admission, infamous long lines, and so much to see and do at the parks, meticulously mapping out an itinerary to maximize your visit is inevitable for some guests and families.
What is Disney Genie Plus?
Disney’s Genie Plus service is designed to enhance your itinerary in real time so you get the most out of your visit all day long.
What Is Disney Genie Plus Services?
Disney Genie and Genie Plus are a suite of services that help Disney World and Disneyland guests maximize their time in the parks. All of these services are integrated with Disney’s existing Disneyland and My Disney Experience apps. Genie Plus replaces Disney’s previous Fast Pass Plus “skip the line” service inside the Disney parks.
Disney Genie+ is a paid service that lets you use a Lightning Lane entrance to bypass the standby line on select attractions, and individual attraction selections allow you to pay to skip the line on up to two high-demand attractions per day. Disney Genie is a complementary trip-planning service that builds a personalized itinerary for you based on your preferences.
From more general interests like princesses and Star Wars to specific choices like a favorite Disney ride or must-see show, you tell Genie how you want to spend your day, and it’ll create a custom itinerary with suggestions that will help you spend less time in line and more time having fun.
What They Offer
You can view current and forecasted wait times, make a list of favorite restaurants and attractions on your “tip board,” make dining reservations and mobile Disney food orders, hop in virtual queues for certain attractions, and get help from a virtual assistant. Disney Genie is also flexible. Because the program can access real-time information, Disney Genie will continuously update your itinerary throughout the day based on your location and current wait times.
If you are more of a “go with the flow” Disney trip planner, Disney Genie will make your job that much easier. You don’t have to look up showtimes, operating hours, or wait times because Disney Genie does it all for you and maps out your day. And if you do have must-do attractions, you can use Disney Genie+ and Lightning Lane individual attraction selections as needed to make sure you don’t miss out on those.
In addition to the complimentary Disney Genie service, you can purchase Disney Genie+ to reserve an arrival time at more than 40 attractions at Walt Disney World and more than 15 attractions at Disneyland, and then use the Lightning Lane entrance to bypass the standby queue and get on your favorite rides without a lengthy wait (as fast as lightning, some may say).
How It Works
Disney Genie Plus service is located in the My Disney Experience app, and you can get the magic started even before you visit the theme parks.
- Be sure you have the latest version of the My Disney Experience app and log in to your Disney account.
- You’ll need both valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day, linked to your account in the app.
- Summon the Disney Genie service by selecting the icon on the app home screen.
- Choose the experiences you’d most like to do and then select your interests.
- Once you’ve completed these steps, you will see the My Day section, where you will find planning tools and itinerary recommendations for your visit, and the Tip Board.
How Much Is Genie+?
Disney World has park-specific Genie Plus pricing. This means guests purchasing Genie Plus will be able to select either a single-park option or a multiple-park option. The “Multiple Parks” option works the same as the current Genie+ with a valid park Hopper. Prices vary by date and park.
Example – July 27, 2023, prices
- Multiple Parks: $27 per person
- Magic Kingdom: $27 per person
- Hollywood Studios: $24 per person
- Epcot: $18 per person
- Animal Kingdom: $16 per person
Note: If any individual park Genie+ sells out, the Multiple Parks option will also be sold out for that day. This doesn’t change the Genie+ purchasing process. You can still only purchase Genie+ on the day of your park visit starting at midnight EST — not in advance or before your trip. Previously, the Genie+ price started at $15 per ticket, per day (plus tax) and varied based on demand. We also saw that price go all the way up to $35 per ticket, per day.
Keep in mind that There is no way to know ahead of time how much Genie+ is going to cost. Instead, you will see the price when you go to purchase it inside the My Disney Experience app. In general, though, you can expect the busier the time of year, the more expensive it will be.
Genie Plus Pros and Cons
Allows you to bypass the Standby Line with shorter waits, can make selections directly from your mobile device (no more physically going to kiosks), don’t have to purchase it for the entirety of your trip; you can pick and choose which days you want to use it
An additional cost, pricey for families, certain selections are extremely competitive (they can go super-fast), for the best use of the system you must wake up extremely early to make your first booking, can only book the day of (no more booking in advance like Fast Pass+), forces you to spend a lot of time on your phone if you are trying to maximize your purchase
What Attractions Are Included with Genie+?
Magic Kingdom – Genie+ Attractions
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Haunted Mansion
- “It’s a small world”
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Meet Cinderella and a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Mickey and Minnie at Town Square Theater
- Meet Princess Tiana and a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade (seasonal)
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
EPCOT – Genie+ Attractions
- Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
- Frozen Ever After
- Journey into Imagination with Figment
- Living with the Land
- Mission: SPACE – Green
- Mission: SPACE – Orange
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Spaceship Earth
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Test Track
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Genie+ Attractions
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
- Disney Junior Play & Dance!
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- Meet Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tour – The Adventures Continue
- Toy Story Mania!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Frequently Asked Questions
When Is the Best Time to Visit Disney World to Avoid Crowds?
It may seem like the crowds at Disney World never calm down, and what was once considered the off-season is now filled with new shows, festivals, and events. But there are still a few lighter-than-normal times to visit Disney World in Orlando.
- Mid-January Through Mid- February is the Best Time to Go to Disney World
- The End of August Through Mid-November Is Another Good Time to Visit Disney World
- Early December Is the Best Time to Go to Disney World During the Holidays
When Is the Best Time to Go to Disneyland to Avoid Crowds?
Disneyland in Anaheim is a little different in terms of crowds than Disney World, especially since many of the visitors are locals or coming from within driving distance on a California family vacation. So, the best time to visit Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park is when kids are in school.
- Early January through Mid-March Is the Best Time to Visit Disneyland
- Early May Is Another Great Time to Experience Disneyland
- Mid-September through Mid-October Also See Smaller Crowds at Disneyland
- Early November through Mid-December Is the Best Time to Visit Disneyland During the Holidays