What is the Access Bank USSD Code? Are you interested in the list of access bank USSD codes? If you are interested, keep reading, as this post will show you all the access bank USSD codes for various transactions. The USSD codes are essential for quick banking transactions. Keep reading so you can learn how to enjoy stress-free banking.
What is the Access Bank USSD Code
Access Bank’s USSD code is *901#. Access Bank customers may conduct various financial operations on their smartphones with this code, including money transfers, checking account balances, and other related tasks.
The code was implemented by the bank to boost financial inclusion. This is consistent with the Central Bank’s policy to increase financial inclusion and lower the proportion of financially excluded Nigerians.
This was greatly helped by the *901# Quick Banking service, which now makes banking accessible to anybody, everywhere. The service is quick and simple to use. For instance, when sending money, the recipient’s account will be quickly credited, and they will be notified.
What is USSD?
Mobile network providers utilize the USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) technology to convey text messages between a mobile phone and an application server. USSD codes are brief numeric sequences that may be used to carry out particular operations like transferring money or checking your account balance. Without an internet connection, USSD codes may be used on any kind of mobile phone.
List of Access Bank USSD Codes
One of the top commercial banks in Nigeria, Access Bank, provides its clients with a USSD code service that enables them to do financial transactions from the convenience of their smartphones. By reaching out to the unbanked and underbanked, this service has improved financial inclusion in Nigeria while also making banking easy.
So come along with me as we examine this page if you need the Access Bank code to send money, check balances, purchase airtime, pay bills, or do anything else on your Access Bank account.
Here’s the list of all the access bank USSD codes for different transactions:
- Transfer to Access Bank Account: the USSD code for transferring money from an access bank to another access bank account is *901*1*amount*account number#.
- Transfer to Other Banks: The USSD code for transferring money from an access bank to another bank account is *901*2*amount*account number#.
- Check Balance: The USSD code for checking access to a bank account balance is *901*5#.
- Airtime top-up: The USSD code for recharging oneself is *901*amount#.
- Airtime Top-Up Others: the USSD code for recharging others is *901*amount*phone number#.
- Data Purchase: The access bank USSD code for buying data is *901*8#.
- Pay Bills: The code for paying bills is *901*3#.
- Retrieve BVN: For retrieving BVN is *565*0#.
- Hotlist ATM Card: The code for hotlisting ATM cards is *901*11#.
- Account Opening: For opening a new account is *901*0#.
- Deactivate Account: The code for deactivating the account is *901*911#.
- OTP Generation: For generating OTP is *901*4*1#.
- Loan Code for Access Bank: The code for a loan is *901*11#.
How to Activate a Transfer Code for Access Bank
Here’s the step-by-step guide to activating the transfer USSD code for the access bank:
- Step 1: Dial *901# using the line, SIM, or phone number you used to open your Access Bank account.
- Step 2: Select “Accept” to agree to the Access Bank mobile banking terms and fees.
- Step 3: Choose “Transfer” from the list of options.
- Step 4: Your Access Bank debit (ATM) card’s last six numbers must be entered.
- Step 5: If you don’t have an ATM card, you’ll be required to give your date of birth.
- Step 6: Type the account number for Access Bank.
- Step 7: Create a 4-digit PIN for Access Bank mobile banking to be used for transaction authorization.
- Step 8: Your USSD registration is complete once you enter and confirm the pin once again.
The Access bank transfer code will become active on your phone once all of the aforementioned processes have been finished. Now you may use it for financial transactions.
Uses Access Bank USSD Code
Once activated and registered, the code can be used to access a range of services, which include:
- Creating a new account
- Checking the balance of your account
- Money transfers to other Access Bank accounts.
- Money transfer to other Nigerian banks.
- Recharging your phone
- Settling debts.
- The purchase of airtime for oneself or others
- Upkeep of your BVN.
- Borrowing money.
- Examining the due dates and loan amounts
Benefits of Using the Access Bank USSD Code
Using the access bank USSD code has different benefits, which include:
- Convenience: Using the Access Bank code, you may do banking operations from the comfort of your home without going to a branch office.
- Accessibility: USSD codes may be used on any smartphone without a connection to the internet. This facilitates access to financial services for those who do not have cell phones or internet connections.
- Saving time: USSD codes are quicker than conventional banking procedures like going to a bank branch or using an ATM. Transactions may now be completed more easily while on the go.
- Security: All transactions require the input of a PIN, and the transfer code is secure. This aids in preventing illegal access to your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Access Bank’s bank code?
*901# is the (transfer) code. Customers of Access Bank and Access Diamond should use this USSD banking code. You get access to 24-hour banking services from Access Bank with this code.
How does the Access Bank code work?
Customers may use the Access Bank code service to do banking operations using their smartphones.
What kinds of operations may I carry out using the Access Bank code?
You may carry out a variety of operations with the Access Bank code, including checking your balance, transferring money, paying bills, purchasing airtime, and more.
Do you have to pay anything to use the USSD transfer code?
The Access Bank USSD transfer code does not come with any costs. However, using their data services can result in fees from your cell service provider.