So you have heard about being a seller on the Amazon platform and you still haven’t decided on what to sell on amazon? Well selling on amazon is one of the best things that can happen to you right now if you are looking for a place to sell online. It is in fact the best place to currently set up shop if you are considering selling online.
Amazon as you may have known by now is one of the biggest online marketplaces in the world and this is not just an insinuation, the stats clearly show this. This platform is visited and used by users all over the world in buying and selling.
What To Sell On Amazon
Selling on Amazon is easy. Like you have got to cross a few T’s and dot some I’s and that’s about that, nothing that you cannot do. As a retailer on the platform, you can choose to sell just about anything you want and that is just basic. A lot of people sell on the platform and you too can.
Let’s say you have decided to make amazon your marketplace in selling your products. Have you decided what to sell on the platform? Well, sellers are given a wide range of products to select from in choosing to sell on the platform. But one thing is certain. You cannot sell everything that is allowed on the platform.
Also, you will, however, need to select or choose a niche and this is where the problem comes in for some persons. You might have a passion for a particular product and then that product just might not be bringing in the profit you desire. Or it just might be that you are new to the whole selling thingy on Amazon and you don’t know what to sell. Well, sellers on amazon cannot sell just about anything they want on the platform. There are products and items that are allowed to be sold on the platform.
What To Sell On Amazon To Make Money
There are two types of categories for sellers to choose from when they decide to sell on the platform. There are the categories with restrictions and the categories without restrictions. The categories without restrictions are as follows;
- Amazon device accessories.
- Amazon kindle.
- Business products (B2B).
- Beauty tools and accessories.
- Camera and photo.
- Cell phones.
- Clothing and accessories.
- Electronic accessories.
- Fashion jewelry.
- Grocery and gourmet food.
- Home and garden.
- Luggage and travel accessories.
- Musical instruments.
- Office products.
- Shoes, handbags, and sunglasses.
- Software and computer games.
- Tools and home improvement.
- Toys and games.
- Video games and video game consoles.
Categories With Restrictions
- Animal-related products.
- Automotive and power sports.
- Baby products.
- Beauty topicals.
- Certified refurbished.
- Collectible coins.
- Cosmetics and skin/hair care.
- Dietary supplements.
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia.
- Entertainment collectibles.
- Explosives, weapons, and related items.
- Fine art.
- Gambling and lottery.
- Grocery and gourmet food.
- Hazardous and dangerous items.
- Health and personal care.
- Historical and advertising collectibles.
- Human parts and burial artifacts.
- Industrial and scientific.
- Jewelry and precious gems.
- Laser products.
- Lock picking and theft devices.
- Medical devices and accessories.
- Offensive and controversial materials.
- Organic products.
- Pet food.
- Plants, plant products, and seeds.
- Postage meters and stamps.
- Sex and sensuality.
- Sports collectibles.
- Subscriptions and periodicals.
- Surveillance equipment.
- Tobacco and tobacco-related products.
- Video, DVD and blu ray.
- Warranties, services plans, contracts, and guarantees.
These are the products and items available on the platform for sale. The unrestricted category contains products and items that are available to sellers on the platform to sell. The restricted category on the other hand contains products that you cannot ordinarily sell.
Now for the last part of this article. Some of you already know that before you can start selling on Amazon, you will need to have a seller account or signup for a seller account rather. Signing up for a seller account on Amazon is easy. To do this, go to Seller Central. On the amazon seller page, click on the sign-up button. Follow the on-screen instructions from the next page to successfully set up your seller account on the platform.