What is WhatsApp for my PC? Do you know that you can now get WhatsApp on your PC? Yes, this is true and a lot of WhatsApp users all over the world are already accessing his WhatsApp feature.
Most people still think that WhatsApp is only accessible via their mobile devices. I am here to tell you that’s not true. You can actually access WhatsApp across a variety of devices and that includes your desktop.
If you never knew about this, you are in luck today as this article will be highlighting WhatsApp for my PC. In this article, you will get to learn how you can make use of the WhatsApp social media platform on your PC.
WhatsApp For My PC
WhatsApp can be used on your computer and desktop for free. This is no third-party trick, app, or installation. Making use of WhatsApp on your desktop PC is actually legit and legal. There are actually two ways that you can make use of WhatsApp on your desktop PC and they are;
- WhatsApp web.
- And WhatsApp desktop.
WhatsApp web here is a browser-based application of WhatsApp. This means that with the WhatsApp web feature, you can access WhatsApp via your web browser on your PC. WhatsApp desktop on the other hand is an application that you can download to your computer or desktop device.
Here is something that you should know about WhatsApp for desktop PCs. WhatsApp web and WhatsApp desktop are both computer-based extensions of the WhatsApp account on your phone. Do you know what this means?
This simply means that the messages that you send and receive on WhatsApp are synced between your mobile phone and computer. This, therefore, means that you can see these messages on both devices.
How To Download WhatsApp On Your Desktop
Now that you know that you can use WhatsApp on your desktop via your web browser or app, do you know how to download WhatsApp on your desktop? If you don’t know how to do this, you have nothing to worry about as I will be guiding you through the whole process.
To download WhatsApp and install it on your desktop you will have to download it from the Microsoft Store, the Apple App Store, or the WhatsApp website. Before you go about downloading and installing this app, you should know that your desktop needs to meet the following OS requirements;
- Windows 8.1 and higher.
- MacOS 10.10 or newer.
These are the two desktop operating systems that you can download this app on. Other operating systems can however access WhatsApp via the WhatsApp web feature on their browsers.
To download the WhatsApp app on your desktop;
- Go to the WhatsApp download page here on your desktop browser.
- Download he .exe or .dmg file.
- After the download is complete, open the file you just downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Or you can go to the Microsoft store or the Apple app store on your desktop devices to download the app.
How To Login To WhatsApp Web
Now that you have learned how to download the WhatsApp app on your desktop device, it’s time you learn how to log in to WhatsApp via your desktop web browser. To do this, you will need to use your mobile phone to scan the QR code on the WhatsApp web platform. Follow the steps below;
- Open the WhatsApp app on your mobile phone.
- Tap the more options tab or icon at the top right corner of your android phone. Tap on WhatsApp web from the menu.
- For iPhones, tap the settings tab and then select WhatsApp web/desktop.
- Select the checkbox to stay logged in next to keep me signed in on the QR screen.
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code on your desktop. Just in case you are logged in to WhatsApp on another device, you will have to tap scan QR code + for android or scan QR code for iOS.
- You may be prompted to select done when complete.
That’s it. You have just successfully logged into WhatsApp web on your desktop. Note that you may only be allowed to be logged into one session at a time across WhatsApp web, WhatsApp desktop, and its portal.