Which Device is Threads available on? It came as a complete surprise when Threads, Meta’s new microblogging social network, was officially launched. Despite being a new app, Threads uses Instagram’s branding and organizational structure, making it simpler for users to sign in and find their friends there.
Which Device is Threads Available On?
It is accessible on desktop, Android, and iOS. Meta is integrating Instagram accounts as the Threads login option to make the app easier to use. This means that if you already have the Instagram app loaded on your phone, all you have to do is confirm your desire to join the new app by pressing a button.
Unfortunately, the absence of a Threads app for the iPad is another aspect that can annoy some users. My expectations for Threads on the iPad are modest, given that not even Instagram has an iPad app. The diversity will also be compatible with threads in the future, but this functionality is not yet accessible.
Nevertheless, the Threads app is available on the “App Store” and “Google Play Store” for both iOS and Android users, respectively. In order to ensure a seamless transition between devices, you can also access it on a desktop, as mentioned earlier.
Threads offer a uniform experience on all platforms, whether you’re using your computer or are on the go.
How to Get Started with Threads
To use the Threads app, you will need to log in with your Instagram account. These are the steps to follow:
- Download the Threads app from the “Google Play Store” or the “App Store” for both Android and iOS devices, respectively. Once it has been installed, open threads to access the app.
- At the bottom, tap “Sign in” with Instagram. On the Instagram app, you’ll see the account you’re currently logged into.
- To sign into your Instagram account if you aren’t already, tap “Login” with Instagram at the bottom of the screen. You return to the Threads app after you have logged in.
- Tap” Switch accounts” at the bottom and choose a different account to sign in with if you have several Instagram accounts. Tap “Log in” to another Instagram account and log in if you don’t see one of your accounts listed.
- Immediately after you have signed in using your Instagram account, click on “Profile Photo” next to your name to upload a profile picture.
- Select “Bio” to add a bio to your profile. Type your bio in or choose to import one from Instagram, then click “Done” in the top right corner.
- You can also add links to your profile. To import a link from Instagram, select Import link from Instagram under the title and URL fields. On the upper right, click Done.
- Tap “Following” to get a list of profiles you might wish to follow. To follow a profile, just click “Follow” next to it.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up a thread account. However, if you wish to import all of the information above from Instagram, simply select “Import from Instagram” at the bottom. Is that not cool?
And if you wish to edit your Instagram profile to make other changes, like your username and contact information, rest assured you can always do it anytime.
NOTE: You can only edit your Instagram profile image if your account is verified. Your Threads profile information will also be shown, along with a verification badge.
Can I use Threads on a laptop?
There is no official Threads web application as of now. But there is a solution if you want to use it on your laptop. According to “Windows Central,” in order to use the shortcut, you must first download the Threads APK. Obtaining the WSATools program from the Microsoft Store is a further requirement.
Are Threads available on PC?
Only Android and iOS mobile devices’ app stores currently provide Meta’s new social networking platform, Threads, directly.
However, there are a few tricks to getting it on a computer:
- To download the “Threads” APK file, go to any unofficial Android app store, such as “APKMirror” and others:
- Click the “Install” button located in the “WSATools” lower left corner.
- Open Threads from the Windows Start Menu after the installation is finished.
Why are Threads not available?
It might be that the app has not yet been released in your country or that it is incompatible with your device. Or your device is experiencing technical difficulties.