Why Is My Facebook Ads Account Blocked? It can be a bit frustrating to wake up one morning, trying to access your FB ads account, and then you found out your account has been blocked.
Facebook, over the years, has served as a great platform for promoting businesses online. They make it easier for small and large businesses alike to reach their targeted audiences in innovative and effective ways. The possibilities are limitless, unless, your ad account gets blocked.
However, Is your FB ads account blocked? Do you want to find out why? You’re in the right place. This post will give you the information you need and also give you tips on how to reactivate your account.
Why Is My Facebook Ads Account Blocked?
When your Facebook Ad account gets blocked, it’s typically because one or multiple of your ads violated their advertising policies. Find out more on why your FB ads account is blocked;
Violation Of Facebook Advertising Policies
Facebook Advertising Policies change all the time. Maybe you created your ads in good faith, but Facebook added another rule or made a change to their policies after that. So, when you first notice your account has been blocked, kindly, review their advertising policies once again, preferably having your ad that’s the cause of this problem opened as well. Go through the policies line by line, objectively thinking what policy you might have violated, even if by mistake.
Violating Restricted Content Policies
You should know that there are topics that need permission and restrictions approval. Thus, before you post any of the topics below, your company will need to apply for written permission from Facebook. Some depend on the laws and jurisdictions in the area you are planning to advertise. While some require certifications, age requirements, and/or additional authorizations. For
Topics that are permitted but restricted are as follows:
- Promotion of Over-the-Counter Drugs
- Financial and Insurance Products and Services
- Branded Content
- Ads About Social Issues, Elections, or Politics
- Cryptocurrency Products and Services
- Online Pharmacies
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment
- Weight Loss Products and Plans
- Real Money Gambling
- State Lotteries
However, after going through the Facebook ads policies and you find out your ad is truly clean, then Facebook might have made a mistake.
Maybe Facebook Made A Mistake
There’s a possibility your Facebook ad didn’t violate any of their policies, but Facebook’s automatic ad approval process flagged you by mistake.
Take, for instance, there was candy on your photo, which Facebook mistakenly took for drugs. However, you didn’t violate their policy against advertising drugs, it was just a photo of candy, but the ad wasn’t reviewed by an actual person, it got flagged and ad account banned.
So, even if that happened, there still was a policy your ad went against in theory. Just try to find out which one it was.
How To Reactivate Your Blocked Facebook Account
Step-by-step procedure on how to fight the ban
Wit doesn’t matter if the ban was Your fault or not, if you want to get access to your advertising account back, you’ll have to go through an appeals process.
You can appeal their decision directly from the notification you received from them, or by submitting this form.
Here is what to do to get your account back:
- Write a quick summary of what happened.
- Politely inform them how important it is for you to get your account reactivated. Let them know that your business relies on Facebook Ads, make them feel important.
- Communicate what you’ve found out through your research. And let them know which policy specifically was violated, even if Facebook simply interpreted your ad in the wrong way.
- Let Facebook know you’re sorry for violating their policies, even if you haven’t done that directly.
- Lastly, let them how you intend to fix this, and/or ask them what you would need to do to get your ad account reactivated.
I believe with the above steps you will successfully get your account reactivated.