Do you know that there is a World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) day? The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) National Intellectual Property Essay Competition 2020 aims to celebrate people who have joined in the celebration of the WIPO day. Hereby creating a chance for young undergraduate writers and developed thinkers to participate in the essay writing competition through which they can share their thoughts on Intellectual Property (IP) related topics.
This is a competition you should involve in. As there are lots of awards and other benefits for the top winners and even to the tenth best essay writers. The group of independent judges from the WIPO gets to select these people. There are more you should read on from this article to get yourself prepared for this competition. I will be providing the basic requirements, information, and how to apply for this essay writing competition.
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) National Intellectual Property Essay Competition 2020
The World Intellectual Property Day takes place every April 26th for people to learn about the role that intellectual property rights play in encouraging innovation and creativity. As part of the efforts to celebrate the World Intellectual Property Day, WIPO Nigeria Office organizes an essay competition for all students of tertiary institutions across the country in a National Intellectual Property Essay Competition. This essay competition will be providing the applicants an unparalleled opportunity to research and learn more about the field of intellectual property, and also to contribute inspiring ideas and thoughts to the narrative around sustainable and environmentally friendly innovation in Nigeria. Earth is our home, so we need to care for it.
About the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) is one of the 15 specialized agencies of the United Nations (UN). It aims to promote and protect Intellectual Property (IP) across the world by cooperating with different countries as well as other international organizations. It started functioning and operating since on the 26th of April, 1970 when the convention came into force. They have over 190 member states. And now they have put together to provide completion to essay writers with benefits giving to the winners of the competition. Here are the basic descriptions of the competition:
- Host Country: Nigeria.
- Host: World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
- Type: Essay Writing.
- Applicants: Undergraduate in tertiary Nigerian institutions.
- Entries submission type: Via email to email@example.com.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> EarthPlus Open Letter Writing Competition for World Environmental Day 2020
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Essay Competition comes with granted benefits to some applicants that will be present in the competition. Read here to get the benefits of the competition:
- Authors or writers of the top three (3) essays will receive a special WIPO gift package, including official WIPO certificates of achievement.
- Writers of the top ten (10) essays will be invited to participate in the intellectual property study tour of key intellectual property institutions in Nigeria, facilitated by the WIPO Nigeria Office.
- Authors of the top ten (10) essays will gain scholarships for WIPO Academic Distance Learning and/or Blended IP Training in international/sub-regional programs.
- The winning essay writer gains a scholarship by the WIPO Academy to attend the WIPO Summer School in South Africa.
- Top entries will get to the editors of the WIPO Magazine for possible publication and several other exciting intellectual property learning and professional prizes will be won.
You can get to enjoy the given benefits if you are eligible and granted a winner for the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) National Intellectual Property Essay Competition 2020.
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) National Intellectual Property Essay Competition 2020 is open to all registered students of tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
The essay entries of the topic “Making innovation work for a green future in Nigeria” will go through an assessment for factual accuracy, originality, imagination, and innovative thought, by an independent judge from the leading intellectual property practitioners. Here are the criteria by the judges:
- The originality of the essay.
- Clarity of expression of thoughts.
- Relevance and practicality of the essay within the local Nigeria context.
- The relevance of the essay to the field of intellectual property.
- Contribution of the essay to relevant national, regional, or international developments in the area selected by the competent bodies.
Candidates for the essay competition should make sure to phase their write up based on the criteria I have listed above. As their essay will be judged on with the topics and criteria listed
Here are the application guidelines, in order to submit your entries for the essay competition.
- The words in the essay should be no longer than 1,500 words.
- Should be in a Microsoft Word format.
- Entries are to submit to the mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entries should be mailed and sent with the subject title “Initial.Surname_WIPD Essay Competition” e.g. O.Ferdinard_WIPD Essay Competition.
These application steps will get you right on track to apply for this competition.