Application for the World Press Photo Contest 2021 For Photographers Worldwide is now open to all photographers. This is an annual contest that is hosted by the world press contest rewards photographers for the best single exposure pictures contributing to the past years of visual journalism.
Do you have so much interest in photographs? Have you ever thought of producing the best stories of photographs in terms of accuracy, fairness, and visualization insights about the world? Then this is a golden opportunity for you.
The World Press Photo Contest recognizes only the best visual journalist. Therefore, it is time for all visual photographers to bring out the best of their ability and take a stand in the World Press Phone Contest 2021 For Photographers Worldwide.
World Press Photo Contest 2021 For Photographers Worldwide
Over the years, the World Press Photo Contest rewards photographers for the best single exposure picture that contributes to the previous year of visual journalism.
The contest is organized presently into eight divisions and is being précised over by a jury of leading professionals. However, the membership of the jury changes every year. The leading jury is led by a chair and supported by a secretary that does the implementation of the rigorous judging procedures.
The three-headed which include the jury, chair, and secretary are independent of the world press photo foundation. The staff, board, and partners of the world press photo foundation cannot direct the jury’s decisions.
Worth Of Prize For The World Press Photo Contest 2021 For Photographers Worldwide
The winners of the world press photo of the year and the world press photo story receive €5,000 each. All the winners will be invited for an online festival that comprises of the winner’s announcement, presentations, lectures, and networking opportunities to connect.
There are a lot of benefits that the applicant will enjoy aside from the award prize. They are;
- Registration is free
- The program is open to professional around the world
- Your work is presented anonymously to the jury
- It is independently judged by leaders in visual journalism
- Winners are showcased in global exhibitions and yearbook.
World Press Photo Contest 2021 For Photographers Worldwide Contest Categories
Knowing that the contest is all pictures and stories pictures, there are certain categories that the photos and pictures must be specified too. These categories are;
- Contemporary Issues
- General News
- Long-Term Projects
- Sport News
Visit worldpressphoto.org/programs/contest/photo-categories for the key points on the various categories of the World Press Phone Contest 2021 For Photographers Worldwide
If you have entered the photo contest, you just have to log in using the login details. Also, All new applicants need to create a personal Picter account. To create the account, follow these steps.
- Navigate to picter.com/signup on your browser.
- Provide your first and last name, email, and choose a password.
- Click on the “Sign in” button.
- Complete the other part of the registration process for the Picter account.
After completing the account creation,
- Register for the 2021 Word Press Photo Contest on your Picter account. this involves your personal data and proof of professional status.
- Upload your images add captions, metadata, and other information while your status as professional is under review.
The entries rules for the contest are given below;
- The contest is only open to professional photographers.
- Entries of two or more photographers are allowed.
- The photographer must be the author of the pictures submitted.
- A picture can only be entered once in the course of registration and be submitted whether it is published or not.
Above are only but a few rules for the contest, you see the full list of the eligibilities @ wordpressphoto.org/activities/photo-contest/entry rules
Application Deadline For The World Press Photo Contest 2021 For Photographers Worldwide.
The deadline to submit your entry is 12th, January 2021 12.00 (noon) CET. You can always login back to your account and edit your submission until the deadline.
See more Related Contents:
- Green Institute Internship 2021 for Young Leaders Worldwide
- 2nd call for applications 2020-21: BIEA Thematic Research Grants
- Doctoral Studentships in Humanities or Social Science Research in UK 2021
- Chase AHRC Studentship Scheme at the University of Sussex in UK 2021
- Models of Intergenerational Learning and Living at QUT 2021