Yahoo Portfolio is a tool created and owned by Yahoo that helps you manage and take full control of your finance. Also, your finance stocks, your investments and every one of your financial data, you can do this online conveniently. You can create a finance portfolio to manage and control all investments and stocks online. Several portfolios can be created each for different types of investment. At Yahoo Finance, you can find the latest news and headlines on finance. You can get stock quotes, international market quotes, and resources to manage your portfolio. Using the Yahoo finance feature you can keep track of your portfolio. Keeping track of your portfolio is a part of investing in your portfolio’s security.
Using this tracking tool is the simplest way to keep track of your portfolio. Especially if you created more than one portfolio. How does this work? Yahoo finance helps you out with the functions and ways of setting up and keeping track of your portfolio using the Yahoo site. I will quickly give you a guide on how to keep track of your Yahoo portfolio. To do this, you have to access the Yahoo site on your web browser. But you have to go directly to the Yahoo Finance homepage. Visit finance.yahoo.com on your web browser and click on ‘My portfolio’, you will find this on the left side of the home page.
The first step is to create a portfolio. Click on the “New” link to create a new financial portfolio. To set up a tracking tool for the portfolio you have to set up your security and choose a name for the portfolio you want to create. For instance, you can name it ‘New portfolio’ and it possesses three stocks. Then choose a reference to act as a standard for the portfolio, you will see a list of them you just have to make one choice. Lastly, select what you want to keep track of and take a look at each security.
After saving all these selections you have made, the result given to you is a screen that provides all the relevant details to track the portfolio.
How to Manage Your Yahoo Portfolio
It is time for you to take full advantage of your yahoo account by creating and controlling your Yahoo portfolio. You can use Yahoo finance to create a portfolio online in order for you to keep track of your business stocks, shares and investments. It also keeps your company on relevant financial news and headlines. After creating the portfolio, you can use Yahoo’s data to manage your portfolio.
- Go to your web browser and access the Yahoo finance page. Visit finance.yahoo.com and log into your account. Tap on “My Portfolio” on the left side of the page and click on ‘Create New’ to bring up the ‘create a new portfolio’ page.
- Fill in the name of the portfolio in the appropriate space and make use of the menu’s to choose the detail you want to keep
- Tap on “my portfolio” then check on your portfolio page. Click on the recorder to manage the order in which your market stocks are displayed
- Tap “add custom items” to customize the items displayed in the pages of your portfolio
- Tap on “add and hit holdings”. This link is to add new shares/stocks to edit and change the pieces of information of the stock you already have in your portfolio
- Click on the “set alerts” button. Click on selections like “yahoo messenger or yahoo mail” to choose how you want to receive the notification. Tap on “save alert”.
- Click on “download” to receive the document containing details of your yahoo portfolio.