Have you heard of the Yandex Translate? Yandex is a really great platform, not only does it provide a mailing service but also Translation.
The Translate service from the platform was previously known as Yandex Translation. This service lets you translate you between different languages that are supported by the platform.
With the service right on your device, you don’t need to worry about the languages you don’t understand. Why? Because you can make use of Yandex translate to find out the meaning of those words.
Sounds too good to true, Yeah? Actually, it is and, in this article, I will be telling you all you need to know about this translating service.
Yandex Translate is a web service that is being provided by Yandex. It is intended for the translation of both text and web pages into any language you want.
The translate service is actually a self-learning statistical machine translation developed and provided by Yandex. It constructs the dictionary of a single word translations based on the analysis of millions of the text translated.
The computer first compares a word to a database of words before a translation. It then compares the base language models to help in determining the meaning of an expression in a word.
Supported Languages on Yandex Translate
After the launch of the service in beta mode in 2010, Yandex Translate was only available in three languages which are English, Russian ad Ukrainian. And it came with a limitation of 10, 000 characters.
According to Wikipedia.org; “As of September 2020, translation is available in 97 languages”. Some of the Languages are;
There are many other languages that can be translated using the translating service from Yandex. You can learn more about the languages by visiting their website.
CHECK THIS OUT >>> AppLovin
Features of Yandex Translate
Yandex translate won’t be mentioned as one of the best ones to use when you wish to translate, without some great features.
That is to say that the services have some really incredible features that you are most likely not to find in some translating tools.
So, without wasting much time, here are some of the features you can find on the service;
- There’s a virtual keyboard.
- Voice Input.
- Photo text translation feature.
- A great suggestion translation button.
- The favorite section allows you to add translations of individual words and sentences.
- There’s a mobile application for smartphones including iOS and Android devices.
Yandex Translate App
This is the mobile application of the web interface. It is compatible with different smartphones including iOS and Android devices.
The app is free for downloads. Here are the features of the mobile app for Yandex;
- It can be used to translate between any pair of languages available online.
- With the app, you can translate from French, German, Italian, Spanish, or Turkish to English offline.
- Speak phrases or words in English, Turkish, Russian, etc. to translate them to any of these languages.
- The reader can read out translations.
- The app is a great way to learn new words and their meanings with the usage of examples.
- Snap or take a picture of a menu, book page, road signs or simply chooses from your Gallery. It will view the translation over the image.
- Translate sites with the Yandex Translate app.
How to Download Yandex Translate
To download/ install the app, follow the simple instructions below;
- Open your Apple App Store or Google Play Store and tap on the search box.
- Type in Yandex. Translate and search.
- From the search results, tap on the first one to load its information page.
- Finally, tap on the green download/ install to get.
Accept the permission required. It will be downloaded immediately.
How to use
Using Yandex translate to understand or read something in a different language that you don’t understand it simple. There’s actually nothing serious there to learn. All you need to do is to launch the app or go to https://translate.yandex.com. Then type or paste the word or phrase you wish to translate and select the languages you want.